Nevron with LW 2018?

@genesis1, did you have trouble getting Nevron Motion to work with 2018 or are you just asking?

I haven't tried Nevron Motion with 2018 yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. AFAIK, few, if any changes were made between 2015 and 2018's Virtual Studio and general bones animation features.

If I don't come home too late this evening, I'll give it a shot and post what I find.

BTW, are you asking about Nevron Motion in general or about its Kinect support? I probably won't have time to test the Kinect support...maybe this weekend.

Last edited:
@genesis1, did you have trouble getting Nevron Motion to work with 2018 or are you just asking?

I haven't tried Nevron Motion with 2018 yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. AFAIK, few, if any changes were made between 2015 and 2018's Virtual Studio and general bones animation features.

If I don't come home too late this evening, I'll give it a shot and post what I find.

BTW, are you asking about Nevron Motion in general or about its Kinect support? I probably won't have time to test the Kinect support...maybe this weekend.

Both really. I haven't tried it either yet so was just asking to see if anyone had tried it and wondered if it still worked with this new version of LW2018. I don't know if there has been any improvement on the virtual studio. Kinect in LW was always too jittery for me so I always used ipi studio and then Nevron motion.
If you do get a chance to test it. Let me know how it goes

...Kinect in LW was always too jittery for me so I always used ipi studio and then Nevron motion.
If you do get a chance to test it. Let me know how it goes

I'm actually diving into the new iPi Mocap Studio v4.0 this week. Since I'll have the Kinects out anyway, I'll try to squeeze in a quick Nevron Motion test with 2018.

Sure. BTW, for years, I've been using an old copy of Motion Builder for iPi Mocap Studio and LightWave, and what I'm testing now are a couple of less expensive MoBu alternatives for my current project. I'll post some results and info when I have anything worth showing.

Sure. BTW, for years, I've been using an old copy of Motion Builder for iPi Mocap Studio and LightWave, and what I'm testing now are a couple of less expensive MoBu alternatives for my current project. I'll post some results and info when I have anything worth showing.

Speaking of iPi, I just downloaded there new software trial and installed the recorder but it just crashes on start. Just flashes up for a second then gone. Installed .net 4.7 . Have you had any problems?

The new Recorder is working here. I just realized I'm still running the pre-release on this computer, though...I'll try updating it to the final release version. BRB.

I just updated and Recorder is still working fine here.

Have you tried re-booting your computer? I would also check the drivers, although I don't think the Kinect or PS3 Eye drivers have been changed for a while.

I don't think I had to remove v3 before updating to v4 a few weeks ago, but you might try that.

Hmm...will think about it.

I just updated and Recorder is still working fine here.

Have you tried re-booting your computer? I would also check the drivers, although I don't think the Kinect or PS3 Eye drivers have been changed for a while.

I don't think I had to remove v3 before updating to v4 a few weeks ago, but you might try that.

Hmm...will think about it.

Sorry about late reply....It was a corrupt download. All working now thanks.

I am trying to use nevron motion with lw2019 but get message __ invalid license__.
The license that comes with nevron works fine in 2015.
Has anyone experienced this issue

Back