NDI

Russ Srole

We've run into an interesting problem.

We have 2 computers, on site, each one has a two channel input card (decklink). All four channels are spitting out NDI using a group (same group on all channels) to prevent lurkers. One of the computers (win 10 pro, we'll call in Comp1) can see all four channels with our ndi viewer set to the same group. The other computer (win 10 Enterprise LTSB, call it Comp2) can only see the channels generated on itself. Firewalls are off on both machines. In our attempt to understand what is going on, we installed our viewer on a 3rd computer and it can only see Comp2's NDI streams. To make matters more interesting, we generated an NDI stream on Comp1 from another application, with no group set and we can see that stream everywhere.

On my office computers I can see NDI from everywhere and everything works as we expect. It appears to have something to do with using a group, but I don't understand why that would be and it's never been a problem before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Russ

We're now working properly. They changed the network type from "public" to "private" as you suggested. They also uninstalled avid nexus client as a precaution. I wish they had done one at a time just so we would know if the avid software was also hurting us, but I wasn't on site so ....

Thanks for your help.
Russ

Back