NDI for 3Play?

Hi, when can we expect NDI support on 3Play inputs ?

I can't understand why it's taking so much time.... tricaster and 3Play in a full NDI set-up would really make sense.

Thanks.

The lack of NDI integration on the inputs of the 3Play is a little frustrating, considering the push to migrate more devices to the NDI realm. I've got a situation where I need to keep key cameras strictly on SDI, as moving them to NDI would exclude them from replay. I've got three Panasonic he-130 cameras that will be using NDI directly, due to lack of SDI infrastructure where they will be located. However, I can't use them as main cameras, as I can't get them into the 3Play... unless I dedicate outputs on the tricaster 8000 as 'converters', which is really not a viable option.

Will there eventually be full NDI support? If so, is there a timeline?

I found out at NAB 2018 that there is a "trade-up" program for existing 3Play customers to get a box that has NDI input support. But later, I was told my two year old 4800 3Play is NOT included. I thought the ProTek coverage we have would have covered this. Does anyone know why the 4800 would not be included?

I found out at NAB 2018 that there is a "trade-up" program for existing 3Play customers to get a box that has NDI input support. But later, I was told my two year old 4800 3Play is NOT included. I thought the ProTek coverage we have would have covered this. Does anyone know why the 4800 would not be included?

Any idea what kind of trade-in I could get for a 440?

Hi,

I'm trying to have 2 different NDI inputs for each DSK on the 3Play 44O.
So far, I only managed to have the same NDI source on both DSK, is it normal?

Thanks

Yes this is normal, on the 3PLAY Mini/440/4800 model systems there is one network input which can be used with the DSK's. You are selecting the same network source in both DSK drop down lists.

Back