NDI 5 & 4.6, Zoom and Streamyard ...

PiD Media

Did anyone at Newtek beta test NDI 4.6 and 5 with either Zoom or Streamyard?

4.6 and 5 on Zoom, from a vMix PC running the same version of NDI as the laptop running Zoom with the Virtual Input, the feed appears fine in Studio Monitor, but stretched horizontally if Zoom's "Touch up my appearance' setting isn't ticked.

4.6 and 5 both needed to be cycled back to other inputs and back to the NDI Virtual input in Zoom and Streamyard to get the audio to come in clean.

And 5 in Streamyard, is tilted over sideways like a rhombus filter has been applied.

In my experience so far, compared to 4.5, both 4.6 and 5.0 appear to be beta releases instead of release candidates.

And why in the heck are there still no PAL region frame rate settings ???

Did anyone at Newtek beta test NDI 4.6 and 5 with either Zoom or Streamyard?
I've been using NDI 5 with Zoom constantly for something like 6 months. I do not use Zoom's "Touch up my appearance" option. I'm not familiar with Streamyard, sorry.

4.6 and 5 both needed to be cycled back to other inputs and back to the NDI Virtual input in Zoom and Streamyard to get the audio to come in clean.
I'm not sure I follow this, sorry. I run a TriCaster output into Webcam Input and assign that as the audio and video source for Zoom. (I do this pretty much 7 days a week with both Teams and Zoom. I did briefly have an audio problem last week, but I'm not sure the build with that issue was ever released. (If it was, you'd know, as the audio was completely unusable.)

And why in the heck are there still no PAL region frame rate settings ???

Forced to guess, I suspect it's because Teams and Zoom seem to prefer 30fps, but no harm posting this as a feature request I expect.

I run a TriCaster output into Webcam Input and assign that as the audio and video source for Zoom.
Is there any way to auto-select a specific NDI input after starting the NDI Virtual Input app?
The situation is as follows: Zoom Rooms is installed on the Mac mini M1 and controlled only remotely from the control panel (iPad).
But each time after starting the Mac, you have to additionally select the source in NDI Virtual Input.
Didn't find default auto-selection settings.

Generally, the NDI apps should store their last configuration on exit. If you are closing Virtual Input after use and it's not retaining the last setting, that might be a bug.

PAL Settings:
the reason could be
1) Oh yeah.. those Europeans with their funny metric system, we always forget them, or
2) since all computerscreens and actual TV Sets have native 60Hz displays usually (yes, even in PAL Area), why bother and have a converted frameset?

Generally, the NDI apps should store their last configuration on exit. If you are closing Virtual Input after use and it's not retaining the last setting, that might be a bug.
It does not recall the last input used on Virtual Input v3.0 (latest) for me on Mac Mini intel running Big Sur. Confirmed bug

Back