MPEG2 I Frame studio profile, please...

:bump: :bangwall:

For VT5.2b or c .... :)

Has this coveted MPEG 2-Intra codec been added to NewTek's 5.2d update to VT[5]? Animlab? Anybody?
...Hello! Anyone??

Here's prayin' that at the minimum, VT[x] development keeps reasonable pace with the TriCaster technologies that can most easily be ported to it.

Q1
:bowdown:

Last edited:
MPEG2 I Frame studio profile is happened only on TriCaster v2.5 currently. I hope NewTek can add it to VT.

VT5.2d is for QT 7.6.4 patch only.

I hope NewTek don't just put all their effort to TriCaster HD version (XD300) and forget the loyal old VT users. They need NewTek's supports for daily jobs, MPEG2 I frame (studio) codec for VT5, QT 7.6.4 support for VT4, Flash streaming for VT5......

We waited this long, might as well make it pay off for us, in the form of some concesson in a VT[x] form-factor, even if it must be done ourselves!

Q1

I asked this before but never got an answer....

Since we can make our own output codec configurations in SpeedEdit, is it possible for us end users to set that configuration ourselves, if we're just given the info on it, or is it different enough, that it actually requires a different codec to encode?

Studio Profile/Flash-Streaming Surprise, Please? [Or "Roll-Your-Own" Tute Please?]

:bump:

Since we can make our own output codec configurations in SpeedEdit, is it possible for us end users to set that configuration ourselves, if we're just given the info on it, or is it different enough, that it actually requires a different codec to encode?

If a reply-in-kind is not forthcoming for the polite and patient, "billmi" on this, please, NewTek, would you kindly provide us VT[5]'ers a surprise update for Christmas, which comprises of NewTek's TriCaster™ 2.5-based Flash Streaming Capability, plus, the coveted MPEG2 Studio Profile?

We'd be uber-grateful to NewTek, for such a wonderful gesture -- wouldn't we, gang?

:dance:
"Oh, joy! *That'd* be cool!"

:i_agree:

:screwy:
"It's *nuts* to close the door on further VT[5] development without this! Let the sun set in the West, not at VT's High-Noon, will 'ya?"

:hammer:
"Hear-hear! I say 'da 'Traz ought'a have a pre-XD300 Release "emergency" meeting without Steve Bowie on this!"

:eek:hmy:
"Yeah! How 'bout it!?"

:stumped:
"Well, *I'm* thinkin' the "No-answer" status on this matter is clear evidence of a vast, 32-bit-Wing conspiracy!!" :devil:

:question:
"...'Ya *think*?"

:hey:
"Now, now, fellas, let's keep it hopeful, OK?"
-Q1

Last edited:

We can assume it is part of NewTek codec pack based on SE and VT being able to load a studio mpeg capture with no problem. I'll add that on my VT system, I can load a studio mpeg file into Premiere CS4. Now I do not have CS4 installed on another computer but have heard people can not load a studio profile mpg from TriCaster so that leaves me to assume it is a NewTek codec pack feature.
So that we can further assume a render profile can be made based on the above. The how is still in question as well as clarity on my assumptions.

This Topic's Worthy of More "Official" Contribution!

We can assume it is part of NewTek codec pack based on SE and VT being able to load a studio mpeg capture with no problem. I'll add that on my VT system, I can load a studio mpeg file into Premiere CS4. Now I do not have CS4 installed on another computer but have heard people can not load a studio profile mpg from TriCaster so that leaves me to assume it is a NewTek codec pack feature.
So that we can further assume a render profile can be made based on the above.
The how is still in question as well as clarity on my assumptions.
Certainly! In that vein, it'd also be good to have info available to us, re: whether or not SE 1.5.5 and SE-VT correctly *interprets* your successfully-captured Studio Profile MPEG2-I as well!
Q1

Back