Memory Leak on Talkshow VS-100s (Windows 10 LTSB 2015)

GraceG

We have three Talkshow VS-100S at our location and recently they're experiencing a serious memory leak problem. After the Talkshow and Skype Tx are open for 6 ~8 hours, WDM.exe eats up the memory-98%, and the system becomes frozen. If we close the Talkshow application before the system freezes, the memory usage drops significantly. I went through the windows LTSB update patches list and pushed the windows updates that were missing from before. Not sure what else to do.
Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Some info about our VS-100:
NewTek TalkShow VS-100 Version 2-0-200521
Driver 1.99.9.3 17 Feb 2020
Core 433c, 6 Feb 2018
Config: 0x21 Skype TX box with 4 SDI In& 4 SDI Out
Link: x4
Board:2.1
RAM: 8 G
Skype Version: V2020.20.1.14

Can you find out what the 'WDM.exe' process is or where it is located? I don't think this is part of Windows, TalkShow or Skype TX. I can't find that at process at all on my TalkShow VS4000 system. I know it isn't a VS100, but basically the software is the same between the VS100 and VS4000 system.

I'll leave my system running for a while to see what happens. But since I don't have a WDM.exe process, I'm guessing it will be okay.

Can you find out what the 'WDM.exe' process is or where it is located? I don't think this is part of Windows, TalkShow or Skype TX. I can't find that at process at all on my TalkShow VS4000 system. I know it isn't a VS100, but basically the software is the same between the VS100 and VS4000 system.

I'll leave my system running for a while to see what happens. But since I don't have a WDM.exe process, I'm guessing it will be okay.

I'm sorry. That was a typo. I meant to say "DWM.EXE" -- Desktop Window Manager. It's located in C:\Windows\System 32
"Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) is a compositing window manager that renders all those pretty effects in Windows: transparent windows, live taskbar thumbnails, Flip3D, and even high resolution monitor support."

When the TS application is minimized in the taskbar for a while, the memory usage on DWM.EXE will be increasing as it goes. The memory usage will drop immediately if I maximize the TS window.

View attachment 148557

Attachments

• Desktop Window Manager.jpg
    Desktop Window Manager.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 308
Okay, that helps. I was running my system for the last hour in full screen mode, but I had not seen memory usage change.

Okay, that helps. I was running my system for the last hour in full screen mode, but I had not seen memory usage change.

I’m not sure if you’re gonna see the memory increase in the full screen mode.
Three key things to make that happen on our all three VS-100s: 1. TS minimized in the task bar. 2. TS left minimized in the task bar over a period of time without any interactions. If you click on it to make it full screen, it considered as an interaction—manually refresh the “live thumbnail in the task bar”, which helps DWM release the memory usage. 3. The OS system may have to be Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Which version of Windows are you using?

My VS4000 is on Win10 LTSB 2015.

I had my system running all night, came in this morning to the same memory usage that I left it at. The TalkShow UI was minimized.

One thing I didn't have was video feeding into the system. So I have just setup 4 NDI channels of video to play into the four return callers on the TalkShow. I'll let that run on see what happens.

I've had my TalkShow running for half a day with four video inputs. I don't see any more memory usage then what I started.

Anything else installed on the system that isn't from the default installation?

I've had my TalkShow running for half a day with four video inputs. I don't see any more memory usage then what I started.

Anything else installed on the system that isn't from the default installation?

Not really. With Newtek Tech support's help, we restored the one of our boxes on Aug 12. Here is a screenshot that shows all the programs installed after.
View attachment 148567

Attachments

• Lastest installs.jpg
    Lastest installs.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Back