Mac Hub not working- Sync Layout menu greyed out

ericlarson007

I was doing upgrades...I'm now in MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 and Lightwave 2018.0.7 and my "Switch to Layout" "Sync to Layout" and "Send Obj to Layout" buttons are greyed out and unusable. Anyone have a fix for this. I need to un-grey these features so I can speed up my work flow? Anyone else having these problems?

Contacted support but just said to post here.

All permission are read & write...The previous version I was working with 2018.0.3 I had the same problem (greyed out sync buttons to layout) and we renamed the old Hub...NOHUB as a fix but don't fix anything. It just allows layout to update what layers already in the object. You can't make something in a new layer and save and expect it to update in layout. It's a pain in the butt to have to add object layer every time to get it to sync.

Everything was working fantastic in 2018.0.1 and now it blows. Any help is appreciated!

View attachment 143859

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 11.51.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 11.51.09 AM.png
    15 KB · Views: 325
Off top-of-head: Did you accept the option to allow Modeler / Layout / Hub (for 2018.0.7) to access the network? It would have appeared on first launch of each. If not, that could easily be the cause of your problems. You should also be able to check Firewall settings and see whether they're allowed access or not (be sure to verify the paths cited are for the right instances of those apps).

No firewall
Paths are correct in the hub

I've have reinstalled several time, I haven't seen anything that says allow access to network. I haven't seen this in the programs menus either (where might that be?). Everything is working fine except...

in modeler:
switch to layout
sync to layout
send object to layout are all grey

and in layout:
no switch to modeler button at all

when I push F12 in modeler it says the Modeler is not attached to the Hub but in the Hub is says that both the modeler and layout are enabled and linked to the correct path...so it recognizes it and doesn't recognize it at the same time. I have no idea why?

Back