LW 2018 with OS Monterey issue with dropdown menu's

jhinky1986

I just updated to Monterey and now in Layout and modeler anything with a dropdown (upside down triangle) comes up with blank gray box. If I click in blank box i will get a crash report.
-It can be tools, or camera change, save, load, change the shade options, anything with dropdown.

tried fresh install same thing happens.
2018.0.7 (build 3070) (Mac64) 31-Oct-2018

I put a ticket in but time is money. So if I can figure this out sooner the better.

thanks
JH

I would install the latest OS which worked for you before on an external disk and boot from that one in order to get LightWave up and running again. I would not hold my breath for a better solution from the support ticket.

I just updated to Monterey and now in Layout and modeler anything with a dropdown (upside down triangle) comes up with blank gray box. If I click in blank box i will get a crash report.
-It can be tools, or camera change, save, load, change the shade options, anything with dropdown.

tried fresh install same thing happens.
2018.0.7 (build 3070) (Mac64) 31-Oct-2018

I put a ticket in but time is money. So if I can figure this out sooner the better.

thanks
JH
Bugs for 2020 are not being fixed, you have zero chance with 2018.

Plus it's a bad idea to upgrade to a new OS, straight out of the gate, especially if it's a production machine to make money.
New versions always have teething problems, but this looks like the LW2015 problem after High Sierra.

Bugs for 2020 are not being fixed, you have zero chance with 2018.

Plus it's a bad idea to upgrade to a new OS, straight out of the gate, especially if it's a production machine to make money.
New versions always have teething problems, but this looks like the LW2015 problem after High Sierra.
IIRC, those interface glitches applied to every version of Lightwave except for 2019 and 2020. I'm surprised to see it suggested as something new to Monterey, unless OP skipped a few OS upgrades.

J'ai le même problème... snif
yes I feel your pain. What I did was back up my internal drive to an external drive. Then format my mac internal drive and install default OS via internet through mac's restore processes (could use USB drive with intall files or CD if have it). I am running 10.15.1 Catalena. and Lightwave 2018 0.7 Its going pretty good. Few Crashes with Modeler.
My problem is now I can't use Latest version of Final Cut X. I do video editing, graphic design and 3D animations.

Back