Lightwave crashing on start - help

Pavlov

- pavlov who ? -
Hi all, i run 2020.0.2 nicely, i tried to install 2020.0.3 and as soon as i start Layout, it crashes while it writes new CFG files.
I tried to remove 2020.0.2 CFGs as well and it does same, it does not manage to create all cfgs.

I'm also creating a fres Win10 install on another SSD since i need a fresh system. It's a new SSD with a freshly installed Windows 10.
Incredibly enough, i get same issue: LW will not create all CFGs (just one, LW2020.0.2-64.CFG) and then it crashes.

Anyone has an idea of what could cause this ? Being a new SSD and fresh win install i would exclude both HW and SW failures i have no idea of what could cause this.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Paolo

Try running in admin mode.

Other ideas: try running in older OS compatibility modes.

If you have any custom polygon handlers (LWCAD, TrueArt Modeling Pack, EasySpline, Bezier) you need to add plugin in Modeler, shut down, restart, start adding menus and running plugins..

Hi Sensei,
thank you. I tried compatibility mode but it just crashes. Same for Admin mode.
About plugins, when i fire Lw for first time with NO .netek config folder, plugins should not be an issue - i still have to install them.
i get thie issue with freshly installed Lightwave only, when CFG do not exhist.
My Lightwave 2020.0.2 has its config folder with all the CFGs and it works, so the prolem appears to happen when LW tries to write the CFGs for the first time.

About plugins, when i fire Lw for first time with NO .netek config folder, plugins should not be an issue - i still have to install them.
You have to restart LW after adding low level custom polygon handler regardless of anything.

Back