IP Panel and PTZ control

doctorsunshine

Hi,

it's not easy at all to select and control PTZ, including presets store and recall, from the IP Serie panels ( 2 stripes in my case) .

From the latest user manual :

Press an M/E button (1-8), MAIN, or FOLLOW STRIPE to reset the Joystick to the corresponding operating mode.
To apply a stored camera preset (from 1-8), with the PTZ delegate button lit, hold down the CTRL button and press the numbered (M/E) button corresponding to the preset. To update a camera preset, hold down both SHIFT and CTRL at the same time instead when doing so.

I'm running on TC1 the latest V6 180913 , which is supposed to be compatible with the panel. But it's a big limitation to get only access to the 8 first presets. Hopefully, I'm not running V7 , which is more than ever not an option there.

Does someone have any advice ?

Thanks.

Jerome

Further revisions to camera selection are coming to version 7 (primarily to support the Premium Access features, but PTZ will also benefit); I don't recall whether this affects the earlier version or not.

Hi,

it's not easy at all to select and control PTZ, including presets store and recall, from the IP Serie panels ( 2 stripes in my case) .

From the latest user manual :

Press an M/E button (1-8), MAIN, or FOLLOW STRIPE to reset the Joystick to the corresponding operating mode.
To apply a stored camera preset (from 1-8), with the PTZ delegate button lit, hold down the CTRL button and press the numbered (M/E) button corresponding to the preset. To update a camera preset, hold down both SHIFT and CTRL at the same time instead when doing so.

I'm running on TC1 the latest V6 180913 , which is supposed to be compatible with the panel. But it's a big limitation to get only access to the 8 first presets. Hopefully, I'm not running V7 , which is more than ever not an option there.

Does someone have any advice ?

Thanks.

Jerome
If you have a relatively new 2 stripe (it would look more like half of the 4 stripe than the image of the sometime past 2 stripe version they show in the TC1 manual), you'll find that the functional control conventions they talk about for the 4 stripe are actually far more applicable than the instructions for the obsolete 2 stripe version in the manual.

(Just having gone through this issue over the last week or so...)

Back