I'm looking for a computer for a VT-5 card

Satex

The orginal computer for my VT-4 upgraded to VT-5 is no good and I must install the card into another system.
I'm told that the specs are old and that there are newer and better CPU's that are faster, etc. that may be better...
Their only questions were is: will my card compatable in a newer system? Is one hard drive enough or do I need multiple?
Does anyone have a unit for sale or can advise me on what unit to buy? Thanks !!!

I am running VT 5 on a Dell machine with 1st gen i7, win 7 64bit and just using single drives (no raid). Has been working great for the past 3 years or so. I am building a new small box for a VT card I have. I am using the Intel® Desktop Board DQ77MK. The main thing you MUST HAVE is a full size regular PCI slot, which this board has. I am going to try it with windows 8. I will post how that works out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm still looking for a computer for my VT4 / VT5 card... does anyone have or know where to get one?

At this point, You should try putting it into any quad core or better machine. It will most likely work. I have migrated mine three times and the one at work twice with no adverse effects and paying no particular attention to the specs of the machines other than not to buy off brand or sketchy parts. So long as the power supply and mother board support it, you would be hard pressed to find a machine that didn't have the guts to run this card as it is now legacy and becoming more of a collectors piece than anything else. (though I still own one as well)

Back