How AI will affect Creative Professionals?

Altho visual or commercial art is certainly vulnerable to technological change, the ones feeling it most will be musicians and writers especially because it's very difficult for them to copyright the works. Whereas a visual artist can place markers to identify their work, an AI bot can copy a word or a sound. Writers/poets will find it increasingly difficult to protect their work and make a living if they haven't already.

I think AI will force musicians to do more live appearances to keep their fans. Maybe technology will increasingly play a part to broadcast live appearances. Perhaps in that regard there may be more work for artists trained in that medium. How about someone's favorite musician, actor or performing artist performing virtually made into a live animated cartoon bot? And the artist would have a role in transforming that into the live screen or hologram, whatever.

Last edited:
3D artists might also find work in retail/merchandising.

As shoplifting and theft have become a greater problem (especially in the USA where many stores closed down because of it), stores might resort to 'placing' holographic or video images on their shelves. So the customer will just choose a digital facsimile of the product and ask the cashier to pull the actual product out of the drawer or from the back of the store. I've seen that already in Canada. Some products are very expensive and desireable, so now they are just resorting to putting empty boxes of them on the shelves because they often get stolen if they're left out.

I think AI will force musicians to do more live appearances to keep their fans.

yes, some physical appearances will be more common i believe.
so in some ways, more cultural stuff.

Pretty much every work will be taken over by AI in due time, unless we destroy ourself before that..but it will probably take o decades, centuries before that is fully complete.
The last jobs intact maybe, is those who should control and regulate AI.

As for the list you posted, there is too many of them and speculating about each and one of them would be from my point of view...a waste of time, they will all have their share of loosing out to AI, but also new types of positions and skills within that realm, meaning actual persons needed to Guide and use the AI to create in a different way.

It will reduce time and personel though for pretty much everyone of the categories.
It will change the whole labour market to such degree that working isn´t what can be expected of you to be "self providing" the states need to insure such commodities in other ways when AI takes over to such extent, the whole political and economical system have to change.

on a positive note,
a very positive thing is what Ai can and will do for people who need it the most.

🔸 Elderly counselor
🔸 Family counselor
🔸 Teenage counselor
🔹 Hospital Robot Aid
🔹 Robot Aid for Elderly
🔹 Robot Aid for Kids / Adults
🔸 Curing many deceases
🔸 Removing many cancer types

and much, much more.

on a positive note,
a very positive thing is what Ai can and will do for people who need it the most.

🔸 Elderly counselor
🔸 Family counselor
🔸 Teenage counselor
🔹 Hospital Robot Aid
🔹 Robot Aid for Elderly
🔹 Robot Aid for Kids / Adults
🔸 Curing many deceases
🔸 Removing many cancer types

and much, much more.
Indeed so,

I don´t think it´s proper for my age now to worry too much about the AI effect on creative parts of the Job market, I got probably like 10 years max, and I could probably settle with jobs outside the creative arena anyway and just use art as a purely expressive occupation not aimed to earn money and such.

What is more concerning is the topics you list, when AI can be a tool for living at home even longer without the need for home assistance, or at least improve how that works.
That and medical care of course.

However, that said, what will happen on the broad front on every job and the entrance of AI, will affect us all in some ways, if people loose jobs and the current market economy is cracking up, then there is a real danger of the general masses getting poorer and the richer even more richer, which is the latest indexingrecordings of wealth around the world ..and also Sweden, righer is getting richer, poorer is getting poorer.

AI, will affect us all in some ways,

yes, there are many sides to Ai.
soon, you will have your personal assistant.
prepare to give him/her a name.

bcwLfNX.gif

yes, there are many sides to Ai.
soon, you will have your personal assistant.
prepare to give him/her a name.

bcwLfNX.gif
Prometheus will baptise the lady to ..Venus, or pandora..what that now will bring to us.
On the news morning debates yesterday, a journalist did a little research testing with an AI "girlfriend date"
and he had to admit he sort of got feelings similar to ex girlfriends while talking to it.

To me it sounds a bit tragic though.

I just noticed this "former" lightwave modelling guy (Anthony Burdick)
He has been engaged in some AI creations.
Really cool stuff, it looks like my dreams do when I haven´t slept for a while :D, probably something similar for those who takes some mushrooms and sorts of.

His early stuff is a showcase of modelling heads and stuff in Lightwave, then 3d max, then mudbox.. the later stuff is AI animated creations.
How will AI affect Creative professionals, well..one affect could be that we all start to hallucinate more, or go from creating realistic stuff to create surrealistic stuff, things that we never could do before.

I think Salvador Dali would be really excited to do some stuff with this, or maybe not if it doesn´t require much of the artist ..if anyone could do it sort of.

This video needs a tune though, like Jefferson Airplane´s White Rabbit to go with it...

Last edited:
And..the video got me reflecting back to those clay animations by Peter Gabriel, sledghammer and so forth, Gabriel became quite good at animating himself using clay and frame by frame animation.

Now..do you think he would argue against AI art, nope..apparently he has started an AI challenge..well it may be a bit too late now, but it includes the use of some of his songs for AI artists to use and submit..Read about it here..

And ...
Stability AI Partners with Peter Gabriel to Launch Series of AI Animation Challenges titled #DiffuseTogether

*** UPDATE – lots of great submissions so far, but we have decided to extend the competition until 26 May at 7pm BST, with winners announced 4 June. There are also updated terms and more clarity on the prize itself at https://discord.com/invite/stablediffusion ***

Stability AI, the world’s leading open-source artificial intelligence company, together with Peter Gabriel, announces the debut of its Stability AI DiffuseTogether Challenge. This groundbreaking initiative is the first in a series of AI animation challenges that will feature other popular musicians from different genres.

The contest, which launches at 9am EST / 2pm BST today via Discord, invites participants to submit one animated AI-generated video inspired by and set to the music of Peter Gabriel. The videos will incorporate Stability AI’s technology through Stable Diffusion, its industry-leading open source suite of imaging models, as well applications like DreamStudio (photorealistic imaging), Stability for Blender (3D) and AnimAI (animation).

“These powerful, transformative AI tools are for the first time within reach of all of us. We have the chance to weave new realities together from the threads of our own imagination and creativity,” said Peter Gabriel. “I’ve built my world out of sound and I’m now asking the visual artist community to create its own uncharted audio-visual dreamscapes with a carpet of my music. With your creativity and experiences, along with the transmutational power of Stable Diffusion, we can generate all manner of extraordinary and curious new adventures. Let’s use the light of the full moon and get this vessel underway.”
Participants are able to select one of six songs chosen by Peter Gabriel for submission, including classics like Sledgehammer as well as several tracks from his upcoming album i/o.

The top three winners will receive cash prizes along with tickets to Peter Gabriel’s upcoming i/o tour. Entries will be judged by an All-Star panel of musicians that includes Peter Gabriel, and winners will be announced on May 5 live on Stability AI’s Twitch channel.

So...this proffesional Music artist Peter Gabriel ( which is an idol of mine) is Embracing the new technology, and as he was all for technology to let lesser skilled musicians or even a normal none musician be allowed to be creative with options to create musical art, reflecting their ideas, feelings and personality ..rather than suggesting it requries the technical skill of any instrument, the art generated is more important than putting the skills of the artists on a piedestal.

I am sure Peter Gabriel have discussed a bit about possible copywright issues, stealing art impressions, what it means for artist in general and such, but I haven´t researched that, I would suspect he has opened up about that, he usually thinks a lot about stuff like that.

Last edited:
And the winners of the contest mentioned above, Peter himself is talking in between sometimes, and there are many different songs from him, I haven´t seen them all yet...but will do.

The winners were announced on a live Twitch presentation, which you can now see on YouTube above. There’s also a chance to watch some of the other entries in the top 10.
Junie Lau:
An accomplished director and production designer, Junie’s artistic prowess has always shone through her captivating narratives across different mediums, from fashion films and music videos to advertising productions. Her art masterfully bridges East and West, and has been showcased in esteemed publications like British Vogue and at the iconic Royal Academy of Arts in London.
https://www.instagram.com/junielaux/
https://twitter.com/JunieLauX
Lamson:
A reflective engineer with a love for stories, art, and music. Lamson’s journey to find his career path led him to the illuminating power of Stable Diffusion. Through the confluence of AI and artistic expression, he desires to voice his deepest emotions and narratives.
https://www.instagram.com/lamson.ai/
Vnderworld:
Self-proclaimed Stable Diffusion purist, Vnderworld has been mastering Stable Diffusion since September 2022. With their work featuring at NFT NYC 23, they have an upcoming series releasing on 6/6, which includes Deforum videos and SD Inpainting pieces in the collection.
https://twitter.com/_vnderworld
Oranguerillatan:
Oranguerillatan, a seasoned CG Supervisor with two decades of experience in VFX/Post-Production and 3D animation. After discovering AI last summer, he has been engrossed in generating imagery using tools like Deforum and WarpFusion. He keenly anticipates the evolution of the visual industry with AI as its backbone.
https://www.instagram.com/oranguerillatan/
https://www.twitter.com/oranguerillatan
YouTube/ @oranguerillatan

And this one is really nice, mid to end of the video is the best, really fitting to his music.
IO is the song, (input/output)

I'm just a part of everything
I stand on two legs and I learned to sing
It's not what was said and it's not what I heard
I walk with my dog and I whistle with the bird
Stuff coming out, stuff going in
So we think we really live apart
'Cause we got two legs, a brain and a heart
We all belong to everything
To the octopus' suckers and the buzzard's wing
To the elephant's trunk and the buzzing bee's sting
I-O, I-O
I'm coming out, I'm going in
I-O, I-O

And the winners of the contest mentioned above, Peter himself is talking in between sometimes, and there are many different songs from him, I haven´t seen them all yet...but will do.

Here's Peter Gabriel in concert with some of the other Legends of Rock (1:40 of the clip) @prometheus ....

...non-AI tho. It wasn't widespread at that time.

Here's Peter Gabriel in concert with some of the other Legends of Rock (1:40 of the clip) @prometheus ....

...non-AI tho. It wasn't widespread at that time.

Ah..
Yeah, though a bit fun to see them together, though I am not a big fan of the quality of those events, at least not if heard and seen from recordings, it might be a different sound of course for sure if you are there live, the sound calibration is made for that and not the recordings.
But still ...they seem to mostly mash somethings up quickly, and not much time to rehearse, and as such the quality of the performance leaves much more to want for.

It would be interesting to find more well knowned artists that has embraced AI in the creation of their videos.
Peter Gabriel hasn´t been a stranger to new technology as mentioned before, he was one of those pioneers when it comes to sampling with synthesizers, recalling his Security album where he went out to demolition sites for cars and more, smashing windows, blowing in exhaustpipes and much more, like flock of swans or seagulls I think, recording the sound digitally and tweaking the waveforms with the Fairlight computer.

The result of that with a mix of african drum influences, was just a masterpiece.
It later also formed another masterpiece soundtrack for the movie Birdy, the sound carpet and richness of all weird instruments is a masterpiece, it is purely instrumental...
It needs a high quality fidelity player, and a sealed environment for best appreciation of all the richness in that soundcarpet...

His latest songs seems a bit more interesting and better than the album before, now it is getting back to more experimental sounds again, which I like..
Panopticom is quite nice as well, love the intro "whaling voice" and the chrisp piano/string sounding in the beginning, then it goes on to his classical gritty guitars and bass riffs.
He´s got great musicians always faithful to him, Tony Levin and David Rhodes.

Wouldn´t it be cool if we, the normal none musicians just could give a description on the style we want to hear, like..mix wagner and beethoven, with elliot goldentahl, and Mike Oldfield, Peter Gabriel, make it a bit in the style of Classics, then you get a tune you could use for your art.
Those old masters and their copyrights are no more if it´s at least 70 years since their passing.

Panopticom, I think this is an officail AI art selected by Peter to use for his Song/Video, I only noticed it yesterday really, but I really like it already...

I wonder though when the AI generated animated art can result in more smooth transitions between the "morph " changes.
Right now it still has that stop motion frame by frame effect with quick transitions, sort of like apaint effect between the frames and the change overall.
This is something I always see in the animations, meaning they all inherent that style which is pretty much the same for every AI animated art, that I think is something that needs to be adressed.

While that to some extent can be a nice part of the overall effect, I would think it would be nicer with smoother transitions when you want that.

Back