General Question

jkerry211

I was asked today if the callers on our TalkShow 4000 would bed able to see each other. We are planning on have 3 callers for our show. So I was asked by the minister if the 3 caller would be able to see each other.

I told him I really do not think they would. But that they could use a different laptop or desktop and we could broadcast it live where they can see each other.

Was I correct in telling him this.

Thanks,
Jeff

It's absolutely possible to have the entire group see all participants. It's just a matter of what video you send back to them. For example, if you have a multibox effect and you have each caller in their own box, and you feed that back to the 4000, they will see each other. There are a number of ways to build that multiple source effect. For example, depending upon your production system, you could do a Comp with the three remotes all on one screen, on an M/E.

We do this all the time, albiet not using the VS4000. However the principle is the same.

Once again depending on your system, you could even send back to the group the multiple box effects independent of the program feed, so even if your take a full screen of one caller, they'd still see the group.

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications
Chicago

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I have already setup some comps for the callers. So tomorrow I will try and set it up with the one I have with all 3 people.

Just to let you know, we are using the Talkshow and a TC460 AE2 system.

Will try and see how to send the 3 views in the comp back to the Talkshow and see how it goes.

Also sending it back, do I use the comp as the one that the viewers are seeing.

Thanks again,

Jeff

So, create the 3 caller comp on an ME, then put that ME onto program. If you have program as the return going back to the 4000 then the callers will see the comp.

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications
Chicago

Fritz,

Wanted to follow up and thank you for the advise. Our test worked great and each caller was able to see and here each other.

Jeff

One thing we do is to use comps so that it will nicely animate from the multi box to a full screen of the caller who's speaking. You can switch these up and do quite a few nice moves if your program structure warrants full screens of the callers interspersed with the multi box view. It's slightly more complex to direct but it looks really nice.

If you're interested in this I believe that there's a video tutorial somewhere that demonstrates how to set it up and use it in your production.

Fritz

Back