External Macro Editor

JohnnyButt0ns

Macro Titan
has anyone tried exporting the macros to a .csv file and editing them and then re-importing?
would like to hear thoughts on this.

Also thinking about workflows dropping the file into a watch folder or something along those lines.

I think the .csv thing is something new with AE3 right? Or PA? Just saw that option for first time the other day, did not try it.

But I have definitely been editing .xdm files for a while, can use any text editor and just make sure to SAVE AS an .xdm and not .txt

I use NotePad++ and do things such as global search and replace, for instance for a complex set of macros meant to control PTZ on Input1, I can quickly replace all instances of Input1 with Input4 or whatever I want.

So yeah, you can edit macros outside TriCaster and re-import, it's just text.

Thanks

Jeff

It is a new feature. I think it makes alot of sense to use .csv files to import/export and allow us to build and edit macros.
I can see the next step being able to make drop-down cell's with all macro code options for the various actions.

I dont know many people know this feature exists. having the ability to export your macros and edit on your laptop on the way to a show and bring them in is a huge workflow change. cant wait to see how robust it is. Im sure I can crash it.

I am not paying for the Premium access but I have exported my macros and edited them with Programmers Notepad and re-imported them with success. CSV would be cleaner for sure but not enough for the $ per month yet for me.

Yeah,

It's meant to be the feature set. I have live panel stand alone and bought a graphics solution waiting for live graphics to come out so it's not there yet. Apparently the NDI recording solution is going to be hidden behind premium access so that will be interesting.

Yeah,

It's meant to be the feature set. I have live panel stand alone and bought a graphics solution waiting for live graphics to come out so it's not there yet. Apparently the NDI recording solution is going to be hidden behind premium access so that will be interesting.

Not completely. You will get 8 channels of recording on TC1/VMC1 system when NDI recording comes out in the next version, this doubles the recording channels on these systems. 'Unlimited' recording will be part of Premium Access. However, I put unlimited in quotes, because while there is no cap on how many you can do (up to what the system makes available), you will still need the I/O and disk performance to handles all of the recording you want to perform. It is unlimited in that NewTek hasn't put any limit on it, but you still have to deal with the real world limits of what computers can do.

Not completely. You will get 8 channels of recording on TC1/VMC1 system when NDI recording comes out in the next version, this doubles the recording channels on these systems. 'Unlimited' recording will be part of Premium Access. However, I put unlimited in quotes, because while there is no cap on how many you can do (up to what the system makes available), you will still need the I/O and disk performance to handles all of the recording you want to perform. It is unlimited in that NewTek hasn't put any limit on it, but you still have to deal with the real world limits of what computers can do.

Very Cool. I hope to be able to test that out soon. Few SSDs should be able to keep up with 8 streams. Hoping I can interact with them via macros in the same way I can do the record chop on 0-7 and such like I do with the current ISO Records. I saw the demo which put the replay controls under each input but rarely use the GUI during the event to avoid the mouse and keyboard when possible.

Where are the documents and how-tos

We have the feature with Premium Access. But I don't see how to actually use the Macro Import feature. Help!

The 'csv' import/export for macros is a feature included with Premium Access.

Back