Exporting ABC Geometry From Layout To RealFlow...

SA9R

I have a 50cm object in Layout that is exported through the ABC exporter and that is importing into RealFlow as maybe 100x bigger.

The ABC exporter doesn't have any size options on it. I checked RealFlow and I do not see anything for sizing an imported object.

This worked fine before, so I am a little perplexed about why this is happening this time.

Any ideas?

I am doing a "CoolAid Man" test, having a "dance" and letting liquid slosh around in the punch bowl head.

The simulation was easier to simulate in RealFlow at the smaller scale.
But it output the mesh files in a strange way: the meshes were inverted with roving heading per frame.
So I set the pitch and bank to 180 each in LW to fix the flip.
And I hand adjusted the heading for each frame to roughly fix the meandering heading channel.
Without rendering or fine tunning the placement, it looks something like this now:

Last edited:
Being a computer program developer myself, the idea that the geometry would be imported at the wrong size or that it would be inverted with a roving heading on export is absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing majic about the code when it is written. Point coordinates are point coordinates that constantly relate to a fixed space unless expressly changed. A roving heading?? Unbelievable, but there it is.

Apparently, the computer has been invaded by gremlins. They are impersonating the computer hardware and software to engineer humans who are dependent and alienated from real technology.

Fellow 3D artists, this is war.

Last edited:
Being a computer program developer myself, the idea that the geometry would be imported at the wrong size or that it would be inverted with a roving heading on export is absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing majic about the code when it is written. Point coordinates are point coordinates that constantly relate to a fixed space unless expressly changed. A roving heading?? Unbelievable, but there it is.

Apparently, the computer has been invaded by gremlins. They are impersonating the computer hardware and software to engineer humans who are dependent and alienated from real technology.

Fellow 3D artists, this is war.

There are different 3D coordinate systems used by different apps..
https://www.evl.uic.edu/ralph/508S98/coordinates.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=3d+space+coordinate+systems+left+and+right+handedness

E.g. normal node has toggles to invert each axis to fight with such issues..
I made VMapProcessor to be able to convert 3D vertexes using Node Editor in the Modeler, and convert Normal map vectors..

Last edited:
If they are using different coordinate systems, then they are asking for problems when it comes to import/export compatibility.

That doesn't explain the roving heading channel. Very strange.

Thanks for the added information. Disconnects open the possibility of a whole new industry of making reconnectors. Thank you for addressing part of that.

Back