Company Studio: An Early Work In Progress...

jmmultex

From Browser To Broadcast
I wanted to post a very early work in progress of a studio I am putting together for company presentations and tutorials. It is supposed to be a 16:9 output with a 4:3 camera input and 16:9 presentations on a flatpanel via iVGA into the FX buss. Everything on it needs a LOT of work...

I will update it as I refine and debug it, and will put out a generic one once it is complete (The current version is heavily branded for my company).

Criticism is welcome since I love to learn...

Best Regards,
-john

Attachments

• InfoNgenSet1.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 828
  • InfoNgenSet1.png
    InfoNgenSet1.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,196
The camera zoom on the close up does not match the other shots scale.
You have keyhole enabled, which is good for a closeup but if I adjust the live camera input to match the frames scaling, all other shots will be off.
try using an image to map to the liveset input object plane to help you adjust camera framing.
Also, no input to the monitor.
I tried FX and DSK just in case and nothing.

Looks good for an early stage of your set.
The wall paper on the rear wall gives the set a "small" look rather than a studio look.
LiveSet allows us to make a virtual studio so take advantage of this and expand the geometry to give the illusion of a studio worth $100K.
Your color palette is good.
Repeating the logo seems too much.
I like it very much on the rear wall but not on the desk.
I know it's your company logo but could the desk be changed to a modeled geometry of ((N)) -by it self and drop the Info&gen.
Would "punch" out the desk look and maybe in brushed aluminum or chrome.
Hope your OK with my critique.

Take care,

Thanks...

I am more than just OK with your comments - I really welcome them...

I am trying to come up to speed on VT5 as fast as possible, and the incredible patience and insight shown by people on this board are and immeasurably valuable tool on that journey.

Jose - Thank you. I will continue to refine the set and incorporate your feedback. I'll post new versions when I feel sufficient progress has been made, and will look forward to your further guidance and suggestions.

Back