Comic Designs

gmd3d

I really should post here more, mostly I just lurk and look at what is shared here with envy
so a brief introduction before posting my work
I have been using LW for just over 20 years, only for hobby work like Star Trek
and Battlestar Galactica. could never get the hang of texturing or patience.

But I also like to create models inspired by other sources like comics and concept art so I will start with these.
T
SFro.jpg
The larger design is based on artwork I'd seen on the covers of Starblazer comic by D.C. Thomson (who publishes Commando comic) with a character called Starhawk and his ship is called SpaceRider, which is uninspiring, I like to use Space Jammer or Star Strider.

side.jpg
The two fighters are me Blue Fighter is a One-seater and the Yellow Fighter is a Two-seater they are called originally by me WASP fighter which is not that cool sounding so I have renamed them Hornet fighters a little better and they belong to the Dundee class

Dundee Class Cruiser Othro.jpg

Wasp 3.jpgWasp Othro 1.jpg

022 - Starblazer - DC Thomson - Cover - THE PIRATES OF VEGA III - February - 1980.jpg

Thank you, I am working on a few more designs in the coming weeks.
I made some BSG-related designs inspired by Ralph McQuarries' concept art for BSG.
perhaps better off in a new thread, but a sample, I will be tweaking the my Galactica a little more
montage5.jpg

Thank you, I am working on a few more designs in the coming weeks.
I made some BSG-related designs inspired by Ralph McQuarries' concept art for BSG.
perhaps better off in a new thread, but a sample, I will be tweaking the my Galactica a little more
View attachment 155570
You can totally visualise these crafts animated in space.

Back