CG Interface

travisr

Multimedia Magician
Does anyone else miss the brilliant CG interface provided by the classic Toaster 4000 software? Man, I'd pay a lot of have the VT character generator have an interface like that did.

Does anyone else miss the brilliant CG interface provided by the classic Toaster 4000 software? Man, I'd pay a lot of have the VT character generator have an interface like that did.
Yeah -- that thing was utterly simple to operate -- and Oh - how marevelous it was, at easily permitting special characters to be included in the text.

Its output quality and seeming lack of quirkiness was fantastic as well. And that's not to mention what ToasterPaint 4000 integration added to the mix!
I long for such qualities to this very day, travisr!

:vticon:

Last edited:
Yup, I remember it well. Scroll quality at speed 2 was perfect! :thumbsup:

It was a great CG. Not fancy, but did the job with quality and speed.

I wonder why it was abandoned. The new interface is very awkward. It's the one aspect of working with the VT that sucks the joy out of editing for me. I try to avoid adding text to a project if I can get away with it.

Well, the CG in VT is much more advanced than the CG in the Video Toaster.

Though I have fond memories of the Video Toaster's CG, there is A LOT more that can be done in the VT's CG.

And as of VT[5], the scrolling CG text looks good as well.

scroll

The VT CG gererates a png image of the scroll. I use this as a keyframe vertical move on the timeline and just streatch to the desired length for speed. The best scroll yet.
Pete

True, that. I wouldn't argue that statement.

Really? Honestly, Scorp, the last time I looked at the CG scroll quality, was in VT[3], so thanks for that.

Pete's method would also work fine, but oh yeah, MUCH better than in VT[3] even using the normal scrolling method.

Back