Cannot get VT5.3 to run in Windows 7

Creative Video

Never had a problem now I got a bunch. I have a VT5 procard that I have rebuilt the computer. Windows 7, It will boot to open up vt5 but will not show any output on program, shows output to preview, plus no audio......Have not even tried to put the sx-8 on it yet. I have re installed 7 times and about to just give up on this one. Took out card and installed older card and basically did the same thing.

I have the VT5.3 and an SX-84 installed on my Windows 7 system. It installed perfectly the first time and runs as it should without any problems. My VT system was never installed without the SX-84 in place. Perhaps you should put the SX-8 in place first and then try a reinstall. Just a suggestion.

Hey Mike! I didn't realize that was you. How are things going? I see you still haven't given up on the toaster. Neither have I. In fact I had a job that had some very old technology that I could only do on the toaster. It went off without a hitch. Since we talked, I upgraded my toaster workstation into a super-fast workstation for 4K with water-cooled i7 processor, new video card, 32-gig RAM, SSD, new fans, 750w power supply, and new 16:9 monitor for less than $1,500. By the way, if you need any other Toaster equipment, my non-profit charity (Two Trees Inc.) has three SX-8 breakout boxes for sale.

We are just about ready to hit the tricaster for football season. Had some health issues and getting through them. Now if I could just get this beast to work. LOL I have tried everything and now I can capture in preview but not program. Audio is crazy too. Thinking it might be bios problems. Only need this computer for a couple more weeks till we finally start HD stuff.

Not working at all or crashing when the DDR's are used for playback. I've had that issue all week. Just got rid of the updated quicktime file and went back to 7.5. Doing a show run through with scrubs later today and am hoping it works. Are you running windows 7 with atleast 8 gigs of ram and SP1 installed?

Are you guys still work on VT5? Amazing! I did not show up on forum for maybe two years and surprised to find someone still work on those old and good gears.
Creative Video: You said that you rebuilt you PC. VT cards are not compatible with some motherboard after about 2010.

mjs: Some bad file or bad codec of AVI/MOV might crash VT. Always test the test the clips before using them. You can use a free program called MediaInfo to find out what codec used in AVI/MOV and try to avoid them in the future. Use a video converter to change codec and test if it work for your VT.

Back