Bones not moving with Endomorphs in Layout

pandorian

Hello, I created a character in Modeler equipped with endomorphs and skelegons. I take it into Layout and convert skelegons into bones. I then open up morph mixer to apply my endomorphs to my character. The morphs work as I manipulate the sliders, however I do notice that the bones do NOT move along with the morphs. So when the endomorphs are applied, it exposes the bones because they are not moving along with the endomorph. How do I resolve this? I am using LW2020 on a Mac running High Sierra.

I want to test out in Layout the endomorphs I created in Modeler. When I press the play button to view the "morphed" scene I just created, I can see the bones exposed thoughout various frames of the scene. So what I'm trying to do is to record/save a scene using the morphs created in Modeler without it displaying the exposed bones that show up.

Are Bones Active and otherwise influencing the model?

Under the General Tab --> Bones drop down menu I made sure Bones On is selected. If I manipulate the bones the model moves as it should.

Is the modifier stack arranged appropriately:

Not sure what that means but going by the link you sent me, I originally had the stack arranged with Morphing on top, followed by Bones then Subdivision. I also tried it with Bones on top followed by Morphing then Subdivision.

However when I apply the endomorphs via Morph Mixer, the bones are unaffected by the endomorph movements and are exposed at various frames.

As lertola2 notes, bones will not be affected by morphs. Bones will never be affected by the mesh. The mesh (with or without morphs) is affected by active bones.

These are general concepts but there are many things that can affect this (odd weightmaps, displacement/modifier stack order, etc) and cause unexpected behavior. Are you able to share screenshot examples? If bones are exposed at various frames, you may just have some extreme morphs that bend the mesh outside of the normal position. Bones do not render so this may not be as bad as if one of our own bones was extending out of our skin.

Thank you both for your assistance and explanations. It's much appreciated as I'm much more proficient in Modeler than Layout. (Pretty much just becoming acquainted with how Layout works)

Back