bone deformed object as emitter for open vdb pic-flip solver in LightWave

hey, how did you get the Boned object to be an emitter and emit from the boned location. For me it seems to emit form the t-pose.
This is awesome.

hey, how did you get the Boned object to be an emitter and emit from the boned location. For me it seems to emit form the t-pose.
This is awesome.
you need to hit calculate for emitters to spawn correctly from animated meshes, it´s not in the emitters property setting, but under the fx tab and calculate, or modify ikb calculate is the same in essential.
Otherwise the emission of particles will stay fixed on where it was originally emitted from.

@devine
Sorry for my reply, I think I was too hasty, I have to run with the bus, I think he worked that out within the nodes and the vdb system, not standard procedure for emissions by mesh.
That is if he actually used bones as emitters and not the mesh, but if he just used the mesh as an emitter, that´s what you got to do.

Edit..
Keep in mind he says "bone deformed OBJECT..as emitter" so then it should be the object mesh that is emitting..and in this case seemingly the whole mesh, you would have to use texture maps or weightmaps to emitt from selected parts of the mesh, this is something I don´t think Renee has showcased here yet though.

Have to check later ..if not Renee reveals it to you before then.

This is awesome.

i used a vbd solver.
simply connect the mesh to the solver. (node edit)
the vbd solver automatically detects the object deformation by the bones.
very simple actually.

snip LWGURU

As I thought...

I think people may get confused when talking about particles, and the legacy particle system, VS particles from the actual vdb solver.

Lightwave docs is a good place to start as well, download the Chocolat Sauce Donut Drape scene, and check the vdb container/null by opening it´s properties under geometry tab next to the selected vdb evaluator.

Example - Chocolate Sauce Donut Drape - LightWave 2019 (lightwave3d.com)
Example - First OpenVDB Liquid - LightWave 2019 (lightwave3d.com)
OpenVDB Examples - LightWave 2019 (lightwave3d.com)

Back