Audio Level Memory. Interesting.

Mutley Eugenius

I did something silly with SpeedEdit one time, which caused me a few problems more than once. There is a detail of SpeedEdit's trim volume, which evidently is recorded in each project. If you adjust the volume to a higher or lower-level, when you save the project that change appears to be saved in the file.

This is cool, however I think it would be awesome to add a little bit of artificial intuition to SpeedEdit, which you could do with about 10 lines of code, so that when you open a project, if the volume trim level is not at the normal zero DB level, that a warning dialog box comes up and tells you the volume is at whatever level, and is not at zero, with a little 'click here to set volume to 0 DB', 'click here to continue with current level', 'click here to always use this answer' type options. If SpeedEdit had this, I would not have had to spend several hours fixing up files which I rendered whose sound level was distorted because I had made them peaking at zero when the project term was actually about nine DB down from zero each time I opened it, which I was unaware of, and made each of my sound files nine DB too hot, and all the clipped like crazy after being rendered (and of course I didn't know about it until it made a bunch of them - because I didn't check them.)

Now that I know about I can check for it beforehand, but I think it would be kind of cool to be alerted by the software, and not alerted if the volume is at normal zero DB.

I actually still haven't figured out how to get it back to a zero level, like ctrl click or something. Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure that holding down 'Control' while clicking on the audio knob, resets it to '0'.
It would be great to have a read out, at the dial location, of what the level is set at. Also the font is very tiny and hard to watch the peak levels while working.

I'm pretty sure that holding down 'Control' while clicking on the audio knob, resets it to '0'.
It would be great to have a read out, at the dial location, of what the level is set at. Also the font is very tiny and hard to watch the peak levels while working.

I finally got a chance to try it in SpeedEDIT and the method is:

Double click while holding down SHIFT will return the level to normal position

Double click while holding down CONTROL will turn the level all the way down.

Am I the first to post on this new forum layout? :cool::yingyang::cool:

I finally got a chance to try it in SpeedEDIT and the method is:

Double click while holding down SHIFT will return the level to normal position

Double click while holding down CONTROL will turn the level all the way down.

Am I the first to post on this new forum layout? :cool::yingyang::cool:

Awesome, thanx Donks.

I dunno bout the posting.

Back