Architectural Speed Building. Two must have plugins! Buildify - FREE Building Creator. Geometry Nodes Building Generator.

Mind blowing plugins to build city's instantly. Do we have anything like this?
You just answered your own question by posting the links to the free tools, so yeah..of course we have it:sneaky:
I think what You probably would like to have stated, do we have something like this for Lightwave right?

Answer, no.
Lightwave do not have procedural modeling tools like that, this would be a huge task for future Lightwave developers, perhaps LW-Cad victor if the changes to the modeling tools in layout that is necessary can be made.

One question to ponder about, how good is the parametric building modeling in blender compared to Houdini?

Blender is for free, Houdini is a fortune.
Are the LW development teams working on something similar to geometry nodes?

Can any of the blender geometry node buildings export to obj? woo.
Edit, not the node setup with maintained procedurall controal, geometry nodes are contained within the respective scene format, in this case blender scene format, not within the object.
Same with lightwave and houdini, if you do nodal work in Lightwave or Houdini and try to export.

Obj is just a mesh object format, so you could probably just collapse, convert the buildings and export to Obj format to use in other software, but it will be static meshes in final state.

Though You are probably better of to stay in blender with this case, renders faster most likely and maintain the procedural workflow as well.

Last edited:
Are the LW development teams working on something similar to geometry nodes?
LW development seemed to stopped some years ago, and we now soon have a new owner of lightwave hopefully, not likely they are working on development fully yet, they may be in the starting block with some ideas though, but they probably only have a few developers willing and ready to go right now...and probably need more.

Mesh creation is a no no in lightwave nodal editor, while moving, displacing and shading is quite powerful within the nodal editor, but if you are going to build geometry, you would need a scene/layout handler able to do that..and this is not the case now.

Houdini Apprentice is free, you can at least build something and export some stuff, use for personal projects or reels, though not commercial.
Then you have Houdini Indie, which allows you to use it commercially up to a certain level, this doesn´t require a fortune.

There are possibilities for this in Lightwave that have yet to be developed.

tthat´s like 5 years ago, and nothing has happened more than the greeble function there.
I recall thinking at that time it was promising, and he´s skilled.

But..things like that has yet to be developed properly to another level.
That developer may have taken a break as well since 2 years ago...nothing.

We just need more developers to continue that type of work, either at LWD or as 3rd party devs. Buildify didn't come from the Blender Foundation.

We just need more developers to continue that type of work, either at LWD or as 3rd party devs. Buildify didn't come from the Blender Foundation.
I am all for it, but meanwhile, I think I will go on with those things in blender, If that thing arrives to lightwave, I am afraid it will be too many years from now from any interest from my perspective, both otherwise if it can be implemented fairly quickly, or for others of course...why not.

building houses takes time, it´s not ment that we should wait years and years for the tools to add to those years...or maybe it is? 😁

Back