3Play 425 problems

Harb

Hi all, I am really hoping you can help me.

I have a 3Play 425 that has just developed issues on the SDI inputs.

If I input an SDI signal on any of the 4 inputs, it appears on the camera monitors for the first second or so, and then goes Black.....with just the imbedded audio indicators flashing a bit in the top right corners of the monitor........you have to restart the system to get the 1 second flash of video again......but then just goes black again.

If however I play some footage recorded previously on either the A or B output.......and then loop the A or B outputs on the rear into either the SDI in 1 2 3 or 4 they come up on the little monitors perfectly and stay there perfectly fine.

Any Idea's before I loose what hair I have left ?

Harb

Hi Harb,
What cameras are you using? Are they anyhow remotely controlled?

I have investigated an interesting (and to the eye same) behaviour on my studio BirdDogs P200:
They start normally - but after seconds there is some "preset" activated that raises the shutter on all 3 cameras - and pictures become dark (about 1/10.000). That started 6 month ago with one P200 and after a few weeks later, all of them do the same. Couldn't figure it out, what and where these informations changed or are stored.

My workaround: controlling all cams via a StreamDeck (Companion) and having a button for all of the 3 cameras to reset color (sometimes they shift to blue) , fps and shutter at once.
Only 3 button pushes and voilà, they are back in business and behave normally for the rest of the day. Until they have a powerloss.

Hi and Thanks for the reply,
I use various cameras, all are broadcast , P2HD various Triax chains etc, and all have been used many times before.......the Cameras are definitely out-putting pictures into the 3Play inputs as I can monitor them at the same time.......its as if the 3Play is looking at them and saying, "no dont like that" and turning off the input card.......I was only using this exact same setup 3 weeks ago.

What video format are the cameras set to? The 3Play 425 is a HD-SDI system, 3G-SDI video formats will not work into the system.

Hi Kane,
they are all set to 1080 50i they are multi system machines, so we are Pal here.
This is not a new system and has been working up til just now, and I have 5 other systems all working ok with no issues.....even with test signals the pix just flash up for a second or so and then go black

If it just this system, then I can only think that the video I/O hardware has failed. You might try support to see if they have any other recommendations on things to try.

Yeah its just odd how if I input a pre recorded clip out of the A or B outputs back into itself its happy to accept that.......it seems like a Sync problem.

Back