AI steals jobs right here in my home town!

as for AI Art versus Traditional Art, it will be an interesting race, to say the least.

There almost always seems to be something missing/wrong about computer-generated art @erikals unless there's a human retouching it to achieve the desired result.
Sometimes it gets things right, but I'd say at least 50-60% of the time it's way off
It usually never looks quite right.

So even they managed to automate 90% of the tasks, likely still needs a human to touch it up.

I think making the 'perfect' AI generated Art will be akin to using Ai-driven robots as your barber:

It'll always be off never having totally achieved the desired result.

Erikals, if your GTX card can handle it, I think you may be just on the limit, the lowest card you can use though.
Edit..I do think this guy is using lower cards not even recommended, 1020?

But, I would suggest to install the latest Krita version, install the AI generative plugin and start to play with that, you can do as many AI art kreations as you like without being limited to how many images you can create with the online AI tools that is out there for free.

So this I think is a much nicer alternative than the free online ones.
It can be a bit slow..and in the beginning a bit tricky to how to get going, so I suggest watching some youtube tutorials.
My first text inputs for a for a few images, I was quite pleased with, I just need to learn to text limit and expand what I want.
Just tested line art backgrounds as well in the live mode, so you start with an image instead, and it maintains the original line art, but can add backgrounds and also colorise the line art, so that is looking great.

I still haven´t tried my own 3d images or direct input with drawind "scribble" and so on..so that is coming up, but I need to evaulate what is happening there.

An image of the thundergod Thor above clouds in a chariot, came out like the typical Marvel Thor riding a horse instead of a chariot, but over some nice clouds, to it did a nice job of creating a nice image, but to Marvelized and not fully accurate to what I ordered.

Also..it seem to do Digital art better than photos, like if you were to command it to, create an audience full of people, you can rest assure there will be faces that looks like monsters ..it just don´t handle that well, but if you command it to depict single figures, humans in digital paint style, it seem to do that better..not the photorealistic ones though, so there is some difference when ordering painted art, or photographic images in that sense..

Since you do not have the latest Photoshop versions with AI, this may be something to use..or continue with the limited free online ones, or prescribe to those.

So..this is the result with a simple text command on top of the line art, just as done in the video.
"orange cat, in red flower garden"

Attachments

• kitten.jpg
    kitten.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Hey thanks,
bcwLfNX.gif

i've been looking a bit on that one.
this PC can currently barely chew me typing.
but surely will install it later, once i get a hold of a new CPU.

thank you for the info
tJGL61i.png

in 3D Ai related news, just posted this...

animate a character based on a text prompt,
is that the future of CA ?... partly, i think, but not fully.

DeepMotion > SayMotion

Hey thanks,
bcwLfNX.gif

i've been looking a bit on that one.
this PC can currently barely chew me typing.
but surely will install it later, once i get a hold of a new CPU.

thank you for the info
tJGL61i.png
It´s GPU power though, with reservation for that you may need to settle on which CPU you need to complement what you need outside of AI generations in general.
a 3040 GTX GPU, He says renders most images within a few seconds.

Me to Tom Hanks..

With my GTX 1080 card, it takes maybe 2-4 seconds for it to render a new image when I change text input between various celebrities and so on :)

me2tom_small.jpg

Last edited:
I'm never going to knowingly touch AI, but I do need someone to do it for me...
It´s probably gonna be a requirement for any graphic artist to have basic skills in it.
more and more job ads are putting up the use of AI using of Dall e and Midjourney as desired skills.
But then again, if it´s not about work, or if you already have a client base, and if you only do personal projects, you would be fine not touching it.

It´s probably gonna be a requirement for any graphic artist to have basic skills in it.

over time, yes, Absolutely.
it would be like not knowing "Office"

just signed up for Claude btw, but currently not available in Scandinavia.

BenderAngreh.png

more and more job ads are putting up the use of AI using of Dall e and Midjourney as desired skills.
But then again, if it´s not about work, or if you already have a client base, and if you only do personal projects, you would be fine not touching it.
I'm retired. I'm a fine artist now! Wooo!

Back