NDI Bridge - NDI HX encoder not work

wongdi

This is a strange glitch that has been on my platform for a long time.If the encoder is faulty, then Screen Capture HX won't work, but Screen Capture HX works fine.

cpu: amd threadropper
gpu: amd w5700 x2 & amd wx8200
NDI kit: 5.x

Hope to get some help.

01.png

You´re running the latest (as far as I be aware) NDI Tools (5.6.0.0 with NDI RunTime DLL from 1.Aug.2023) ?

very curious, why does the development team allow desktop capture to use hx encoding, bridge is not allowed. confusing.

Depends on which version of Screen Capture you are using. On Windows there is Screen Capture (which is High Bandwidth NDI) and Screen Capture HX (which is NDI-HX).

Thank you Kane! I got the Screen Capture HX as you mentioned.

And in the PC where its NDI bridge reported there is no encoder, it can not output Screen Capture HX in NDI HX, it seems NDI completely can not find the encoders in my PC.
And the source checking in NDI Analysis is ceased as the image bellow.

0ec02767379fe4db314c20e8cce3f79.png

Thank you Kane! I got the Screen Capture HX as you mentioned.

And in the PC where its NDI bridge reported there is no encoder, it can not output Screen Capture HX in NDI HX, it seems NDI completely can not find the encoders in my PC.
And the source checking in NDI Analysis is ceased as the image bellow.

View attachment 156548
That looks like it is using a GT 730 GPU? Those do not support encoding to H264 or HEVC, which is required for NDI HX.

Hi all
A client im trying to connect to has a laptop with a AMD Ryzen (TM)7774H processor with a Nvidia (R) GeForce RTX (TM) 4060 graphics card .. but NDi Bridge which is downloaded on that laptop is saying that encoding for H.264 & HEVC isn’t supported.

He’s running Windows 11 not sure if that makes a difference?
it’s a fairly new computer

Runing NDI 5.6.0
1697133618640.png
cheers

Last edited:
Hi all
if there is anybody that can help us with this issue. we would really appreciate any advice, all the other ndi apps work fine. its just the encoding on the bridge app thats the problem. i Would've thought the AMD & Nvidia spec was fine?

Did you try yet to change within Bridge Encoder Settings GPU manually to the GeForce RTX (TM) 4060, instead of default = ´Auto´ ?

Did you try yet to change within Bridge Encoder Settings GPU manually to the GeForce RTX (TM) 4060, instead of default = ´Auto´ ?
Hi Frank
Thank you form your speedy rely. Yes we looked at that but encoder box is greyed out so we are unable to select the option to use Geface RTX.

Sorry a bit of miss info,. on the Host its greyed out, but on the Join it only allows us to manually choose the AMD Radeon (TM)

on my end its greyed out too when I select ´High Bandwidth´ or ´Do not transcode´, but I can select GPU when on NDI|HX

on my end its greyed out too when I select ´High Bandwidth´ or ´Do not transcode´, but I can select GPU when on NDI|HX
Yes, when we are on NDI|HX we can only select AMD Radeon not the NVIDA GPU.
We just tried the High Bandwidth option Yes that is greyed out but we are finding that we can not re-select NDI|HX option now because thats now its greyed out and unselectable.

Does anybody know if the specification below should be able to support NDI Bridge ?

AMD Ryzen (TM)7774H processor with a Nvidia (R) GeForce RTX (TM) 4060 graphic card

Yes, when we are on NDI|HX we can only select AMD Radeon not the NVIDA GPU.
We just tried the High Bandwidth option Yes that is greyed out but we are finding that we can not re-select NDI|HX option now because thats now its greyed out and unselectable.

Hi Frank
Yes, we had to isolate the ARM processor in device manager to be able to select the nvidia RTX GPU.
But still without any Joy... We are not sure if this is a NDI Bridge or a Nvidia issue now. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0504.png
    IMG_0504.png
    137 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back