Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
View RSS Feed

Shabazzy

1. Not to correct a Master, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley Eugenius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    And don't forget to save regularly. If SpeedEDIT crashes on you, you'll be glad you did.
    Actually it is not necessary to save in SE at all, hardly. If it ever crashes, just restart the program, open the last project (it will be in the Projects folder and it will have the time you started working on it as it's creation time) and as soon as it opens, before you do ANYTHING else, put the mouse at the top of the SE interface, right click, snd select 'Redo all actions' and it will instantly
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Clearing to timeline to prevent renders from crashing the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley Eugenius View Post
    I have discovered a few things about rendering in SE2 which should be known by all users. I imagine that most people probably render their projects with the project open. You select the stuff you want to render, and right click to the ‘render selected’ option and set the render panel & away it goes, and that’s totally fine. But here are some details about that… If your project is in any way heavy on processor & memory demands, close the project as soon as you start rendering it (by opening
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lost all my User Splines

Quote Originally Posted by wvp View Post
    C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\NewTek\SpeedEDIT\Spline Presets
    of course user name is whatever name the computer was logged in as (several users could have there own splines this way)

Application data folder may be hidden - to make it visible:
    1. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
    2. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    3. After the new window appears select the View tab.
    4. Under the Hidden files
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. MTS render question

Hi Tony,

It's good to hear that you're working on another production, hopefully we'll get to enjoy some of it.

The issue with the larger filesize than you started with is due to codecs (yes, those guys again). I posted an explanation on the "nature" of MPEG based codecs as a very basic understanding of how they work, you might want to prime yourself on it by clicking the link below.

SE-MP4-vs-avi-using-MS-MPEG-4-Codec-What-s-the-difference
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Achieving a pseudo layer blending mode effect in SpeedEDIT

This post pertains to a post by RichVideo regarding how to use Digital Juice's Drag n Drop product in SpeedEDIT

You can view the post here

Because SpeedEDIT has no layer blending modes to easily overlay clips that have no alpha channel (i.e areas in the clip that have some transparency), there is, in effect, no way to use these DnD clips in the way they were intended. That is, drop them on a timeline and adjust that layer's blending mode.

But SpeedEDIT
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast