PDA

View Full Version : OCR for non-Daktronics Interfaced Scoreboards

GraphicsOutfit
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone, our company supplies the Foxbox systems (Timing and Scoring Interface Display Systems) to Fox. We were recently commissioned to develop a Optical Character Recognition System to convert non-interfaced Scoreboards to Daktronics interface so that a visible "clock-cam" is no longer required. Our system also can provide the OCR/Daktronics timing and scoring data over IP for near real-time worldwide distribution. We currently have Smartphone Applications (Android) that can display this "near real time scoring data", and can update web sites and inclusion into Databases. It can support up to 2 Standard Def/High Def camera inputs to shoot scoreboard and shot clock. It easily OCR's 1/10th of a second. Just wondering if anyone in the Tricaster Market would find this type of OCR interface useful?

ZachSchuster
11-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes. If it could output clock into a key=value for Datalink, I think you would have a lot of interest. What kind of price would you be thinking?

brians0105
11-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Sign us up! We're currently working with some colleges that have Daktronics feeds available. But the majority of the universities in this conference don't have it available.

And then we do quite a few high school broadcasts per year and we'd love to use OCR instead of a physical clock camera on the screen.

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
11-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Newtek gave us a download for the Datalink Manual.

The Key Values look quite simple to implement.

GraphicsOutfit
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
If anyone would like to see a real-time demo of the OCR in action. Please download this file from our FTP site. This installer includes .NET which is a necessary component if your system XP doesn't already have Microsoft .NET installed.

You can actually get it to "miss read" the scoreboard if you can get it to STOP during a transition between two numbers. Something that does not happen in real life.

http://www.graphicsoutfitters.com/ScoreOCRDemo.zip

PIZAZZ
11-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Sounds really great. Can't wait to test it out. Many of our clients could use something like this. I look forward to speaking with you more about this.

ted
11-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Fantastic. We just finished our second year of HS football and would have loved this!!!

ZachSchuster
12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
That's pretty nice. Would this require a separate computer system, or just the software and capture card?

Also, for football and basketball when there is secondary clock (ie. delay of game or shot clock) would it be possible with one camera framed for the scoreboard and the shotclock to read two regions of the frame and output two clocks as keys=values?

I noticed the lack of a colon or period between minutes/seconds and seconds/tenths. Is that just a limitation of the "player" or would it be like that in an output for LiveText?

Very cool regardless!

SBowie
12-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone in the Tricaster Market would find this type of OCR interface useful?Actually, I spent some time chatting with you at your booth at NAB, Richard (I've still got your card on my desk). Nice to see you in here. :)

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
You can send the colon or period as a OSC variable. Hence you would OCR the top dot on the clock. When the dot was illuminated, then it would send a ":", when not illuminated it would send a "." since this indicates the transition to less than 1 minute. In terms of variables, Daktronics supplies all of the data formatted together, we provide each digit as a separate variable. i.e /time1, /time2, /time3, /time5, /shotclock1, /shotclock2, /homescore1, /homescore2, /homescore3, etc. We then build a simple OSC receiver where the OSC variables can then be combined back together on the receiver end. Even if the OSC reciever and OSC transmitter (OCR app) reside on the same machine. This format allows for a standard set of variables to be transmitted, and then developers can use the standardized OSC values to distribute the data variables into their own applications.

Does that make sense?
Rich

brians0105
12-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Zach,

I think you would want/need a separate computer for this system -- and most likely a hefty one since it is doing a lot of processing to pick up the tenths of a second. Plus I wouldn't want to tax the capabilities of a TriCaster or VT5 system any more with something like this.

Rich,

Good to know about the . vs. : issue. That makes sense and I was wondering the same thing.

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Steve:

Glad you stopped by the booth at NAB, and hope you will stop by again this year. We are once again fairly close to the NewTek booth, more so by luck than design, and will be more or less between the NewTek booth and VizRT. We have a total 10x20, but had to purchase two 10x10 next to each other. Our booth is SL5007/SL5008. We are considering using a Tricaster in our booth for demonstration, but this really is not a market we are that familiar with. Any comments or suggestions from your end would be appreciated. Thanks for keeping my card on your desk.

Best Regards,
Rich

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes, you will need a separate computer. If you only use SD cameras, then you can get the application to run on a I7 laptop with an ExpressCard slot as the Input card only requires a PCIe-x1 slot

HD cameras require a x4 PCIe slot and will not work with a laptop. HD cameras also require a faster processor. On the current timing and scoring boxes used by some networks. When running in HD, the Clock Cams are also required to be HD.. i.e. 720p/1080i. This adds a considerable additional cost to the production. So we were asked to make it work in SD, with the ultimate goal was to make it work off of cheap consumer cameras that can output Analog SD, and then convert it to SD-SDI for the input card. This allows simple long distance "home-run" backhual from the camera via coax using Analog SD. When it get to the truck, you simply convert it to SD-SDI and present it to the Video Input Card.

Rich

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 11:34 AM
We will be at the SVG League Summit in NYC if anyone else is going. Newtek will be there.

http://sportsvideo.org/main/lts2010/

SBowie
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Steve: Glad you stopped by the booth at NAB, and hope you will stop by again this year.Count on it. You wouldn't remember me as I was in my 'joe guy asking questions' persona, not my NewTek one. (At a lot of booths, that can be useful). ;)

ZachSchuster
12-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Zach,

I think you would want/need a separate computer for this system -- and most likely a hefty one since it is doing a lot of processing to pick up the tenths of a second. Plus I wouldn't want to tax the capabilities of a TriCaster or VT5 system any more with something like this.

Rich,

Good to know about the . vs. : issue. That makes sense and I was wondering the same thing.

Brian

I was thinking more like a separate system running LiveText and the OCR, not an install on the Tricaster itself. That being said, a laptop configuration would work just as well.

I'm curious, would an IP based Tx and Rx be faster for Datalink, or a direct serial connection? That might be something for Newtek and Rich to discuss. The transmission might be fast enough, but I have noticed that sometimes keys/values don't always update in LT2 as quickly as I would like.

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
>I was thinking more like a separate system running LiveText and the OCR, not an install on the Tricaster itself. That being said, a laptop configuration would work just as well.

I'm curious, would an IP based Tx and Rx be faster for Datalink, or a direct serial connection? That might be something for Newtek and Rich to discuss. The transmission might be fast enough, but I have noticed that sometimes keys/values don't always update in LT2 as quickly as I would like.<

Fastest solution is to simply build a simple OSC receiver directly in an application and update templates directly via OSC/IP. We do this with Chyron via a ActiveX plugin. We use a real-time 3D renderer caleld Ventuz for Foxbox. Does the Tricaster systems have External Keyer Inputs to take external linear key signals from outside graphics systems? If so, how many External Key Inputs does it have?

You have to understand. We know nothing about the system other than we have networks that want to be able to bring their "graphic looks" into the "Direct to Net" market. So we have systems that combine OCR and single channel Chyron Lyric in a portable "lunchbox" I7 based system.

The benefits of an IP based timing and scoring distribution system are multifold.

Rich

joseburgos
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow this sounds great.
I looked at your web page but could not find more information on your product?

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I was thinking more like a separate system running LiveText and the OCR, not an install on the Tricaster itself. That being said, a laptop configuration would work just as well.

I'm curious, would an IP based Tx and Rx be faster for Datalink, or a direct serial connection? That might be something for Newtek and Rich to discuss. The transmission might be fast enough, but I have noticed that sometimes keys/values don't always update in LT2 as quickly as I would like.

Also, the time to actually render the data supplied is a function of the receiver system. For network sports applications. We use Ventuz as our 3D render as it can render the data in "one frame".

Rich

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Wow this sounds great.
I looked at your web page but could not find more information on your product?

Yes, we are working on some updated information. We are more of an "Engineering Solutions Company" than a marketing company. I personally worked for Chyron for 15 years in Field Engineering, not marketing. So we are more situated as a "Development Company". Ultimately, we would probably chose to use distributors to handle the actual sales end of the equation. Dealing with Fox and other networks is easy. Selling it as a "ProVideo" product is something entirely different.

Rich

joseburgos
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Broadcast sales
Studio and truck rental
Satellite
Virtual Set Design
NewTek Elite Dealer
TriCaster Training
Broadcast Equipment Rental

GraphicsOutfit
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Broadcast sales
Studio and truck rental
Satellite
Virtual Set Design
NewTek Elite Dealer
TriCaster Training
Broadcast Equipment Rental

Jose,

Yes we are well aware of "All Mobile Video" as AMV was/is a Chyron Customer. We would be seeking out companies like AMV to distribute the product to the ProVideo Market.

Maybe I will see you at SVG?

Rich

ZachSchuster
12-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Others could describe it better, but the way LiveText 2.0 works is it is a software solution installed on a computer that runs on the same network as the Tricaster. The Tricaster is the production switcher. LiveText sends images with transparency over the network and the Tricaster sees it as a video source for full screen and DSK purposes.

Some people have modified LiveText through Toaster scripting (I think, I'm no expert in this area). Kris Gurrad is notable in this area. I'm not sure if this would be the best way for your software to be implemented.

The other option that many people use is datalink. Datalink scans text files in a directory for keys/values. There is also support for databases. In LiveText, the user can link to the keys, and the key will reflect whatever the value is set to. I could modify the text file to change a value and it would update right away in the CG page.

Datalink will also take real time data from some external devices via a serial connection.

To make things easy on the end user to implement the feed, I could see a receiver program running alongside LiveText and that writes the text file for datalink. But that may increase latency since datalink then has to read the text file. That would also be the quickest way to develop it for the Tricaster market since you don't have to make a plugin for LiveText. Literally all you have to do is have an application that receives the feed and then writes it to a text file like so:

clock=mm:ss
or
clock=s.tt

(tt means tenths)

Datalink will populate the "clock" key with whatever the text file has as a value.

The problem I see with this is that the text file is literally being rewritten every second, or tenths of a second in some cases. I have been able to animate my scorebar with keys/values, and it appears smooth, so the text file approach may be possible in those very quick file changes.

GraphicsOutfit
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Others could describe it better, but the way LiveText 2.0 works is it is a software solution installed on a computer that runs on the same network as the Tricaster. The Tricaster is the production switcher. LiveText sends images with transparency over the network and the Tricaster sees it as a video source for full screen and DSK purposes.

Some people have modified LiveText through Toaster scripting (I think, I'm no expert in this area). Kris Gurrad is notable in this area. I'm not sure if this would be the best way for your software to be implemented.

The other option that many people use is datalink. Datalink scans text files in a directory for keys/values. There is also support for databases. In LiveText, the user can link to the keys, and the key will reflect whatever the value is set to. I could modify the text file to change a value and it would update right away in the CG page.

Datalink will also take real time data from some external devices via a serial connection.

To make things easy on the end user to implement the feed, I could see a receiver program running alongside LiveText and that writes the text file for datalink. But that may increase latency since datalink then has to read the text file. That would also be the quickest way to develop it for the Tricaster market since you don't have to make a plugin for LiveText. Literally all you have to do is have an application that receives the feed and then writes it to a text file like so:

clock=mm:ss
or
clock=s.tt

(tt means tenths)

Datalink will populate the "clock" key with whatever the text file has as a value.

The problem I see with this is that the text file is literally being rewritten every second, or tenths of a second in some cases. I have been able to animate my scorebar with keys/values, and it appears smooth, so the text file approach may be possible in those very quick file changes.

OK. We built an Application that is basically an OSC Receiver (Windows 7, now testing on XP32) which displays the variables /time1, /time2, /time3, /time4, /shot_clock1, /shot_clock2, /comma being received over IP. We then format the variables into strings in a .txt file that is updated every 1/20 of a second on the receive host.

The resultant text file looks like this as it is written on the LiveText PC

gameclock=xx:xx
shotclock=:xx
homescore=xxx
visitsccore=xxx

We want to test this portion first with LiveText, and if acceptable, we will build the script to transition to tenths of a second when the /comma variable value changes from 1(comma) to 2(period) which indicates the scoreboard is outputting in 1/10th of a second. We will also build a script to deal with leading zeros in the score, if the scoreboard outputs a leading ZERO. ie (_04) instead of (__4). Ultimately we will provide the source code (C#) for the OSC Reciever if anyone wants to develop their own Receiver Application. We have a number of people who have different applications for the OCR functionality, and we would prefer to provide people the ability to create their own receiver for their own specific applications. Zach is going to do some testing tomorrow with Live Text with transmitter in San Diego and Live Text/Tricaster receiver in MN. Zach will stream the output of the Tricaster showing the updates. Once we get it all verified, perhaps Zach will be kind enough to post the URL of the stream? We can also modify one of our SQL receivers to write to a .txt file if you want to pull the data off of our server so you don't need a Fixed IP. This will of course increase the latency as we update our SQL, and then you would read from the SQL.

However the SQL gives you the ability to create a Android or Iphone app to retrieve the the timing and scoring data.

We would be happy to work with schools who want their own Smartphone App.

If it all seems to work OK. We will be happy to provide Timing and Scoring Test Feeds to other users who want to see it work on their own local systems. Systems require Microsoft .NET and SP2 for XP. We also need a "fixed IP" to direct the data feed to. Perhaps this is not the "ideal" solution. But, with the OSC Receiver Source Code, someone should be able to develop the ultimate solution. Perhaps Newtek would have a better solution.

Rich

joseburgos
12-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Jose,

Yes we are well aware of "All Mobile Video" as AMV was/is a Chyron Customer. We would be seeking out companies like AMV to distribute the product to the ProVideo Market.

Maybe I will see you at SVG?

Rich

I may attend but if not, I'm in the neighborhood :)

GraphicsOutfit
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes. If it could output clock into a key=value for Datalink, I think you would have a lot of interest. What kind of price would you be thinking?

Go to tinychat.com/scoreocr

We are OCRing a non-interfaced scoreboard in San Diego, transmitting timing and scoring over IP to Minn where Zach is taking the variables and importing them into Tricaster and then streaming the output of the Tricaster.

GraphicsOutfit
12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Go to tinychat.com/scoreocr

We are OCRing a non-interfaced scoreboard in San Diego, transmitting timing and scoring over IP to Minn where Zach is taking the variables and importing them into Tricaster and then streaming the output of the Tricaster.

Done for the day. Perhaps we can do it again on Monday if Zach is available. Overall, the integration to Datalink via LiveText seemed to work just fine. We ended up routing the OSC variables through our SQL server so we could host multiple receiver sessions without setting up VPN's. Our receiver simply updated a .txt file in the proper Datalink format on the Livetext PC in Minn. Zach then streamed the output of the Tricaster back over the net. We supplied a Web Cam feed of the Scoreboard (in San Diego) over TinyChat and Zach routed the output of the Tricaster (in Minn.) into the TinyChat room. So you could see both the scoreboard and the resultant output of the Tricaster side by side. Even though the two systems were 2,000 miles apart.

joseburgos
12-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Rats I missed it.

ZachSchuster
12-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I was impressed with the results. We had a few hiccups getting it working, and had some missed digits once the clock got under one minute and the 1/10 changed so quickly, but that was very likely due to some network bandwith issues. In all broadcast applications with LiveText, the transmitting computer and recieving computer with LT2 will be on the same intrant, so those bandwith issues will be virtually non-existant.

Very, very encouraging!

nevmoor
12-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Are you guys going to set up another test? I missed this one and am excited about the possibilities.

GraphicsOutfit
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Are you guys going to set up another test? I missed this one and am excited about the possibilities.

Talked to Zach and we are planning another test this Wed. at around 1:30PM EST.

Same set up with the scoreboard in San Diego, and the Tricaster in St. Pual. I will post a TinyChat.com URL on this forum at around 1PM EST where you can enter by just making up a name to join the Chat. In TinyChat you will see the Scoreboard in San Diego, and the output of the Tricaster in St. Paul.

Scoreboard is OCRed with a SD analog camera and updated to our SQL, the receiver in St. Paul receives the data via IP from our SQL and then writes a .txt file for Live Text, which then renders it in the Tricaster.

By showing a webcam of the Scoreboard and the output of the Tricaster in St. Paul. You will be able to see the delay from Scoreboard time change in San Diego to output on Tricaster in St. Paul.

Rich

GraphicsOutfit
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM

Same set up with the scoreboard in San Diego, and the Tricaster in St. Pual. I will post a TinyChat.com URL on this forum at around 1PM EST where you can enter by just making up a name to join the Chat. In TinyChat you will see the Scoreboard in San Diego, and the output of the Tricaster in St. Paul.

Scoreboard is OCRed with a SD analog camera and updated to our SQL, the receiver in St. Paul receives the data via IP from our SQL and then writes a .txt file for Live Text, which then renders it in the Tricaster.

By showing a webcam of the Scoreboard and the output of the Tricaster in St. Paul. You will be able to see the delay from Scoreboard time change in San Diego to output on Tricaster in St. Paul.

Rich

TinyChat Demo should be available at around 1:30PM EST this afternoon. We will provide the TinyChat.com link at about 1:00PM EST here on this thread.

Rich

joseburgos
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
You have a link?

Brian Mirrlees
12-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Looks like they are using the same url from last weeks demo/test.

try this:

tinychat.com/scoreocr

kltv
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
That is really cool technology guys. Well done!

Kris

PIZAZZ
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Ok I will ask the question that I believe is on everyone's mind now that we can see it works.

How Much Rich?

If this is something a more private conversation would better fit then please contact me at jef at pizazzme dot com

Cool stuff.

GraphicsOutfit
12-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Rich

Just a quick update for anyone who cares.

We provided a demo of the OCR system to Will Waters of Newtek earlier this week at SVG League Summit in NYC. Also, Newtek member brians0105 now has the system at his facility in Peoria and is testing it with scoreboard footage he recently recorded doing "site surveys" for upcoming High School Basketball games he will be using the system on in January/Feb.

Rich

brians0105
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
This system is working great. It arrived Wednesday and we had it up and running Thursday after setting it up.

We'll be testing it in a production environment in January.

Brian

brians0105
12-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I had a chance to do some more testing tonight and I recorded a test output on our local system. It's all working great with very few minor hiccups with characters like 8, 3, and 9. I think this has more to do with the cheap camcorder we used with the scoreboard. I think the camera cost us about $100 bucks at Best Buy when our crew forgot to cover up our older clock camera at a rainy football game.

The software from Graphics Outfitters allows us to adjust a lot of settings to with the incoming video signal to get the best contrast for the scoreboard, so with some suggestions from Rich I think next time we setup a camera with a scoreboard we will be able to achieve 100% accuracy with the numbers. In addition to the clock, the software is also recognizing and providing a data feed for the team scores.

Below is a video of the graphics running through our VT5. I also tested it on a TriCaster Studio, but the VT5 is currently setup in the office, so I am using that the most. The current workflow for testing purposes is:

-- Cheap camcorder fixed on clock camera
-- Composite clock camera feed to SDI converter
-- SDI into Graphics Outfitters PC
-- OCR software running on same PC as LiveText2
-- LiveText2 to Gigabit Ethernet
-- Ethernet to VT5 / TriCaster

Check out the video clip below and notice we're only getting 4 frames of delay from the actual clock camera feed to the digits showing up on the Program Output.

Disclaimer: ignore the old graphics and clock in the video. I was just overlaying the new graphics and clock feed over an old football game.

Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZw6vXHK-3k

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I'm still playing with it and learning how to use it. ZachSchuster can probably answer some questions too better than I can about the OCR receiving side of things.

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
12-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I had a chance to do some more testing tonight and I recorded a test output on our local system. It's all working great with very few minor hiccups with characters like 8, 3, and 9. I think this has more to do with the cheap camcorder we used with the scoreboard. I think the camera cost us about $100 bucks at Best Buy when our crew forgot to cover up our older clock camera at a rainy football game.

The software from Graphics Outfitters allows us to adjust a lot of settings to with the incoming video signal to get the best contrast for the scoreboard, so with some suggestions from Rich I think next time we setup a camera with a scoreboard we will be able to achieve 100% accuracy with the numbers. In addition to the clock, the software is also recognizing and providing a data feed for the team scores.

Below is a video of the graphics running through our VT5. I also tested it on a TriCaster Studio, but the VT5 is currently setup in the office, so I am using that the most. The current workflow for testing purposes is:

-- Cheap camcorder fixed on clock camera
-- Composite clock camera feed to SDI converter
-- SDI into Graphics Outfitters PC
-- OCR software running on same PC as LiveText2
-- LiveText2 to Gigabit Ethernet
-- Ethernet to VT5 / TriCaster

Check out the video clip below and notice we're only getting 4 frames of delay from the actual clock camera feed to the digits showing up on the Program Output.

Disclaimer: ignore the old graphics and clock in the video. I was just overlaying the new graphics and clock feed over an old football game.

Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZw6vXHK-3k

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I'm still playing with it and learning how to use it. ZachSchuster can probably answer some questions too better than I can about the OCR receiving side of things.

Brian

Brian:

Remember, you testing a completely unverified configuration.

The lunchbox PC that we provided only has a Core2 Duo. We have tested it in that box as a single SD-SDI input and OCR running as a stand alone application. If you open up and look at the Performance. You should see about 50% CPU utilization on ONLY the OCR application. We don't know how much CPU processing Live Text requires. So it could be that you are reaching near the limits of the box.

When the OCR program runs out of processing, the 1/10th of a second will not update as required and may only OCR every other 1/10th of a second or so.

On a I7 based system, it should be no problem. Perhaps you can check the CPU Processing data with both applications running and see where the performance benchmarks are?

If they are reaching 80% then you may want to go back and do tests with OCR and Live Text on different computers.

That Core2 lunchbox was just something we had sitting on a shelf and we put the OCR application on it to send to you.

Rich

brians0105
12-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Honestly, I think our small issues are the camera we're using. Keep in mind that we are doing these tests with a recorded video from a school (since I don't have a real scoreboard in the office!). The camcorder we're using for the clock cam is the cheapest Best Buy had. It records at 6mbps on an SD card. When playing back the video, the compression and framerate that it records at is far less than perfect -- which is what I think is causing some digits like 3, 8, and 9 to be confused.

However, I think this camera puts out a great signal in a live environment, so when we test it with a live output at a school, I'm not expecting any problems.

FYI, with the OCR program, OCR receiver, LiveText2, Excel, and the Gigiabit transfer to the video switcher, the CPU is running between 60-70%. After playing back the recording of the graphics, it is NOT skipping 1/10 of seconds.

Brian

akscooter
01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Has there been any movement on this? Or perhaps I can volunteer to test this with Hockey?

Thanks
Jon

avkid6345
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Would love to try this at an all-star football game in a few weeks. Please let me know if a beta is released.

ZachSchuster
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Concordia University will begin beta testing this weekend... provided FedEx gets it here on time. :) You can watch online at: http://csp.nmtvsports.com/

brians0105
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Awesome, Zach. When will the live stream be?

We will be testing it tomorrow with our first game of the basketball season. Unfortunately it's for a regional cable network and it won't be streamed and my company won't own any rights to it ... but I can post a little video of it after the game.

Brian

ZachSchuster
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
The games are at 2pm and 4pm Saturday and Sunday (double header each day).

ZachSchuster
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey gang,

We're having some trouble getting the system to work. It is not a problem with the software, just operator error. It may not be available for today's game. =(

brians0105
01-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Well, we used the system last night for our first of 13 basketball games this season. It worked flawlessly. It took about 5 minutes to setup once our TD positioned the clock camera with a Magic Arm and ran a cable to the truck.

The clock camera was a cheap camcorder from Best Buy running composite video back to the truck. I converted that composite into an SD-SDI signal that ran into the OCR machine. The software from Graphics Outfitters did it's job and provided us a data feed that LiveText2 used to populate the clock and the scores. With the A-D conversion and transfer over the Gigabit Ethernet, we experienced about 3-4 frames of delay between the actual clock and the final output on Program.

Attached are some pictures of our camera setup and the OCR software running.

Also, I posted a short video so you can see the clock and score feeds in action with our graphics. It is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EnD7EAAPoo

Brian
ScheffTech Productions, LLC
Peoria, Illinois

ZachSchuster
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Up and running now. I can't record it, but I have the XD300 preview monitor showing a virtual input with the LiveText scorebug overlayed on the camera with the scoreboard camera. The clock is identical, I see no noticeable latency in what the scoreboard is showing and what the NET input is showing.

Jim_C
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
geez... What an awfully swell thing to create.

This thread delivers

:thumbsup:

ZachSchuster
01-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I recorded some video with my Droid showing both scores side by side during the last minute of the game... will try to post soon.

ZachSchuster
01-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey gang,

I've attached a zip file with a WMV file of the video I took with my phone. I set up a virtual input with the scoreboard as a video source and LiveText as the NET input. In this situation, LiveText was running on the same computer as the OCR hardware/software. I can this input in the preview monitor so I could record without disrupting the live webcast. It was also going through a 10/100 network switch, NOT a Gigabit switch.

The first 20 seconds is full speed, followed by a few seconds of video ran at 10% speed with no frame blending.

You can see from the slow motion version that the LiveText input trails the live camera by only about 1/10 of a second! I think it's safe to say that this exceeds everyone's expectations!

I'll also add that to do this in different venues, give yourself plenty of time to set up and test the configuration, working with the venue staff to run the scoreboard clock a few times. If you don't get it right, the system sometimes gets confused between 1's and 7's. If you are doing a routine setup in the same venue, try to get something permanently installed in a cage with a straight-on shot of the scoreboard.

Two thumbs WAY up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

brians0105
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Very cool Zach. I agree -- TWO THUMBS UP to Graphics Outfitters!

We had very similar results with the system. We had about 4 frames of delay, which equaled about 1/10 of a second. Impressive!

While we have a Gigabit network in our truck, the LiveText PC was only connecting at 100mbps for some reason. So I need to check that Ethernet cable. But even during testing, we were using about 15mbps bandwidth when the clock was counting down tenths of seconds. So Gigabit might not be required... but it's probably safer in the long run -- especially if we were dong HD graphics.

As far as setup time, our TD usually sets the clock camera up in the arenas, so I just gave her extra responsibilities and showed her how to operate the scoreboard controllers. So after she sets the clock up and I see it in the truck, she radios me and I have her use the scoreboard controller while I setup the OCR software in the truck. Once she radioed me at our game last week, I was satisfied with the OCR software within about 5 minutes of playing with the settings. Of course I can see this being a problem if you're in a larger facility when the AD or someone wants to oversee you operating the scoreboard controller, but at most places we go, it's just sitting on the table and we can operate it ourselves.

Once again, TWO THUMBS UP for this software!

Brian

kricher
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
This is very exciting to read about! I'm curious about getting the SDI into a laptop....would a frame grabber such as a composite to USB adapter work for this or does it require something else? I did pull down the files and will examine it all further later this week.

brians0105
01-10-2011, 01:05 PM
This is very exciting to read about! I'm curious about getting the SDI into a laptop....would a frame grabber such as a composite to USB adapter work for this or does it require something else? I did pull down the files and will examine it all further later this week.

The system we're testing is using a BlackMagic PCIe SDI card. However, we did discuss this with Graphics Outfitters and they said a laptop with a fast enough processor and an ExpressCard interface would work. I'm not sure if specific makes/models of cards will be required, but I think it's definitely possible with a laptop.

As far as a composite to USB, I'm not sure. Rich will have to answer that.

Brian

cuspclub
01-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm excited about this setup. It's exactly the setup I need for our football broadcasts. If the price is right and it continues to work this well, I believe you'll sell a lot of these.

GraphicsOutfit
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM

We employ an option which is basically an Express Card to PCIex1 adapter to provide SD Video input capability to a laptop.

The robustness and low latency of our solution involves a great deal of the pre-processing on the Video Input card we use. We specially modify the on board frimware on the Input Board we use for our application. We attempted for a long time to accomplish this via a software only solution, but the latency was far too excessive. Our solution provides a robust set of set-up tools that are required for the various circumstances.

Hope that helps,
Rich
Graphics Outfitters

GraphicsOutfit
01-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey gang,

I'll also add that to do this in different venues, give yourself plenty of time to set up and test the configuration, working with the venue staff to run the scoreboard clock a few times. If you don't get it right, the system sometimes gets confused between 1's and 7's. If you are doing a routine setup in the same venue, try to get something permanently installed in a cage with a straight-on shot of the scoreboard.

Two thumbs WAY up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Basically, the system is works off of geometries. You have a "plane" in Z space with Seven segment digits effectively rendered onto that place. If you shoot a camera from 90º onto that plane. All of the digits are basically identical in shape and form to the camera view. As you move the camera away from a 90º view. The digits on the scoreboard begin to skew/keystone in perspective to the camera. We have provided input processing tools to compensate for this keystone effect. So even if your camera is not at 90º you can modify the video input tools to provide consistent shape and form across the "plane". We have developed this system with a two input option so that separate cameras can be deployed for instances that you have two different Scoreboards "planes" in different areas, or at a differing "Z space".

In Zach's case above. Zach chose to attempt to place the camera at an angle so that he could get both the Scoreboard and the Shot Clock into a single camera view. I have attached a photo of the setup he was using.

The problem with this setup is that you now are attempting to compensate a keystoning effect over two planes that are in different "Z space" to each other. So you really don't have the ability to create perfectly formed characters across the differing planes in "Z space". You can see in the reference photo how the digits in the interest areas become out of skew from one side of the scoreboard to the other. So he achieves good properties on the Shot Clock, but the "Home Score" becomes so out of skew to the reference fields that the system can mis-read. Especially between 1 and 7 and they contain the least amount of "Seven-Segment" information.

Basically, we developed the system to interact with one "plane" in 3D space, and then provided multiple inputs (option), and the ability to run multiple instances of the program (option) to deal with two different planes in different areas or in differing "Z Space." You may be able to get the system to work successfully with the setup Zach is using to attempt to OCR two different planes in "Z Space". But, it is something we do not "officially support". We would agree with Zach that if you chose to attempt to use the product in the fashion. You may need to spend considerably more time making the input adjustments necessary to obtain satisfactory results. But, at the end of the day, we do not "officially support" two different timing sources "planes" in different "Z space" in the same image.

Zach was able to make adjustments to get it to work, but it is something you need to test before you go to air. Especially a Score like "11" or "77", but you are basically dealing with two different "focal points" with the same camera, which also effects character recognition.

Rich

ZachSchuster
01-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Forgot to mention that we've got some more games online this weekend running the OCR, if anyone cares to see it.

http://csp.nmtvsports.com/

8pm Friday night (1-14-2011)
4pm and 6pm on Saturday (1-15-2011)

GraphicsOutfit
01-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Forgot to mention that we've got some more games online this weekend running the OCR, if anyone cares to see it.

8pm Friday night (1-14-2011)
4pm and 6pm on Saturday (1-15-2011)

I checked out the womens' game earlier. Looks like you have it all dialed in.

Someone asked for a Daktronics Hockey Interface to Live Text. They said that the DataLink only supports Daktronics Basketball at this point???

So we sent them a 3 day trial software key and our Bridging Application. They will test it out this weekend. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat?

kricher
01-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Rich,

Do you have any estimate on timeline for a real world product? Any idea on price?

GraphicsOutfit
01-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Rich,

Do you have any estimate on timeline for a real world product? Any idea on price?

Well, it is a real world product, the only thing we are beta testing is the DataLink interface. Which seems to be working as we haven't heard of any errors in the Datalink interface portion. The actual OCR program has been used for some months. The MSRP for the single input camera version will be $4999. Which includes the single input PCIe-x1 Capture card that has been specifically developed for this application. Software and Dongle.. as well as our OSC to DataLink application. We realize that this is probably out of the budget from most Tricaster users. But, we have a high fixed cost on the capture card as it required substantial firmware development by the board manufacture and an outside consultant. That price also includes customary margin for a distributor/dealer network.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Rich

brians0105
01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Another flawless beta test with the system and LT2 tonight. Had some close plays and it was fun to do some replays with the clock. No issues tonight. Took a little longer than last week to setup only because we couldn't find a good place for the clock camera. But the software/hardware did exactly as described.

Next weekend it will be used for 12 hours straight for 6 games. Our clock/score operator says "thank you." Now we have him keeping track of actual stats instead of controlling the score/clock.

Brian

brians0105
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Here are some more pictures of our setup. Notice the cheap camcorder on a Magic Arm. The camera was less than $200 at Best Buy. I should be able to take some behind the scenes video next week when we broadcast a tournament.

GraphicsOutfit
01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Or at least I assume he will be using OCR.

Looks like today at 4 and 6PM local time in St. Paul.
As well as tomorrow at 2PM and 4PM local time.

Rich

ZachSchuster
01-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes, indeed, although to clarify-- the times are 6pm and 8pm Central Time for 1/ 28 /2011 and 4pm and 6pm Central Time on 1/ 29 /2011.

Enjoy!

GraphicsOutfit
01-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes, indeed, although to clarify-- the times are 6pm and 8pm Central Time for 1/ 28 /2011 and 4pm and 6pm Central Time on 1/ 29 /2011.

Enjoy!
My bad. I assumed the times on your schedule were local time.

Rich

GraphicsOutfit
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Just to give everyone an update. Brian is wrapping up his basketball season using the OCR functionality for most of his games. Likewise Zach up at Concordia is wrapping up his basketball season using the ScoreOCR product for Time, Score, and Shotclock. We would like to thank both of them for their great feedback which allowed us to make some "operator control" improvements that increased operator efficiencies in the translation application. Brian has volunteered to move the Score OCR application into Baseball, and will use it with automated Strike/Ball/Out Count. We are also developing a standalone app to integrate "Radar/Pitch Speed" into Live Text. Last weekend we finished our demos with CBS College Sports integrating ScoreOCR into Sports Media Graphics Systems.

Anyone who will be at NAB is invited to stop by our Booth, which is located about 30 feet from the NewTek Booth in the direction of VizRT.

Rich

ZachSchuster
02-28-2011, 02:40 PM
I'll quick chime in here... Concordia is hosting the Northern Sun men's and women's basketball tournaments this week. CTP will be streaming two quarterfinal games this Wednesday at 6pm and 8pm Central time. The semifinals and championship will be streamed as well, but Midcontinent Communications is bringing in a 55' HD semi trailer to broadcast those games.

Long story short-- we have two games on Wednesday, March 2 if you still want a chance to see it in action. cugoldenbears.com

We do not have any current plans to do baseball or softball, but if that changes, we will of course utilize the OCR for scorebug integration!

GraphicsOutfit
02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I'll quick chime in here... Concordia is hosting the Northern Sun men's and women's basketball tournaments this week. CTP will be streaming two quarterfinal games this Wednesday at 6pm and 8pm Central time. The semifinals and championship will be streamed as well, but Midcontinent Communications is bringing in a 55' HD semi trailer to broadcast those games.

Long story short-- we have two games on Wednesday, March 2 if you still want a chance to see it in action. cugoldenbears.com

We do not have any current plans to do baseball or softball, but if that changes, we will of course utilize the OCR for scorebug integration!

Maybe you can show those guys at Mid Co Sports Network that you can get timing and scoring variables in Tricaster.

Rich

brians0105
02-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Maybe you can show those guys at Mid Co Sports Network that you can get timing and scoring variables in Tricaster.

Rich

I worked a gig last weekend with a production truck with a large company that was taking a data feed from the arena -- but they said they could not grab the 1/10s of a second from the data feed. I wanted to say "I have a solution!" but it wasn't the right time or place. But it was still nice to know that they COULD have done a better job with Score OCR.

Brian

Jim_C
02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
I worked a gig last weekend with a production truck with a large company that was taking a data feed from the arena -- but they said they could not grab the 1/10s of a second from the data feed. I wanted to say "I have a solution!" but it wasn't the right time or place. But it was still nice to know that they COULD have done a better job with Score OCR.

Brian

The larger the truck and the bigger the company the smaller the time and place becomes.

GraphicsOutfit
03-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Zach: Looks like you are getting the Token Creek "Hiawatha" Truck from Milwaukee. Actually the guys from Mid Co Sports Network contacted me this morning looking for a "bug box" for this exact set of games. I CC'd you on the exchange and told them to look you up when they get to Concordia.

Rich

ZachSchuster
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks Rich. Already been in contact with them on their site survey. I e-mailed back to both of you on some ideas to accommodate their needs. Hopefully we can work something out.

Question of all you XD users... if I were to use the XD300 for nothing other than a CG, could I output key and fill via HD-SDI?

Trying to figure out of we could go scoreboard camera --> OCR to LiveText --> LiveText to Tricaster --> Tricaster to HD switcher for scorebug.

They'd like to not have a camera clock in the scorebug, but Rich is all "rented" out of scorebug systems this weekend!

Thanks,

Zach

akscooter
03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Someone asked for a Daktronics Hockey Interface to Live Text. They said that the DataLink only supports Daktronics Basketball at this point???

So we sent them a 3 day trial software key and our Bridging Application. They will test it out this weekend. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat?

I'm in the boat you speak of!

We don't have a scoreboard that is compatible with LiveText, and this software would be a perfect solution as I could do multiple venues without having to worry about compatibility!

I'm trying to push to get this for next season. Especially if it can be confined to a laptop.

Thanks,
Jon

brians0105
03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm trying to push to get this for next season. Especially if it can be confined to a laptop.

Jon, Score OCR will run on a laptop. The only difference is that you cannot use HD-SDI cameras for your clock and/or scoreboard. You will have to use SD cameras for that purpose -- hey, they're cheaper anyway!

This doesn't mean you can't be running an HD instance of LiveText to output HD graphics to your TriCaster. You will just be using an SD camera for OCR purposes but the graphics that are sent to your TriCaster can still be HD. Make sense?

Feel free to give me a call at 309-740-0831 or email brian [AT] schefftech.com for more details. We're using the system for all of our own productions for several different clients -- but we're also now a representative for Score OCR and can sell and integrate these systems since we're so familiar with them.

Brian
ScheffTech Productions, LLC

brians0105
03-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Pardon the cell phone picture, but here is Score OCR in use on the Illinois State HS Basketball finals. We're live on ESPN3 today and tomorrow.

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
03-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Pardon the cell phone picture, but here is Score OCR in use on the Illinois State HS Basketball finals. We're live on ESPN3 today and tomorrow.

Brian

Here is a screen grab of another game from the same truck/series using Score OCR on ESPN 3

http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2227/156905089012513485671300506626KY0GlXrHtn64D4x53ct9 .PNG

brians0105
03-19-2011, 11:37 AM
FYI,

We will be live on ESPN3 .com today at roughly 2:15 and 7:45pm Central. We will be live on IHSA.tv at noon and 6:30.

Score OCR is being used for all of these broadcasts. A scoreboard data feed is available at this arena, but the Daktronics technician was unable to get the serial data feed to output the data correctly (it's a new scoreboard). Therefore we're using Score OCR and it has been flawless so far!

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
We just finished our Android "Honeycomb" App for the XOOM tablet. This video displays what can be done with ScoreOCR and an internet connection.

In the video you will see "real-time" timing and scoring variables being OCR'ed from the computer monitor where we are "emulating" a score board in our lab. We are OCRing the variables and then sending them to SQL. Our XOOM Honeycomb App is then pulling the real time data over the Verizon network and displaying it on a Handheld XOOM.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18919663/AndroidScoreOCR.m4v

So you can OCR the Scoreboard and update LiveText with the data variables, and also send them to SQL for real-time playback on a variety of Smartphones and Tablet devices.

GraphicsOutfit
04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the nice folks at Newtek and the Tricaster users that stopped by our booth at NAB. It was nice to meet Steve, Brian, and a few of the other Forum regulars.

Best Regards,
Rich

brians0105
04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
It was nice meeting you too, Rich. We love using ScoreOCR and can't wait to see what else you have in the works for us to play with ... I mean use on our productions!

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
05-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Sounds really great. Can't wait to test it out. Many of our clients could use something like this. I look forward to speaking with you more about this.

Jeff:

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to finally meet you the other evening in Atlanta at the Newtek Roadshow. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Best Regards,
Rich Foley
Graphics Outfitters

PIZAZZ
05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Jeff:

Just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to finally meet you the other evening in Atlanta at the Newtek Roadshow. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Best Regards,
Rich Foley
Graphics Outfitters

Same here Rich. enjoyed our visit.

spectrumtv
06-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi guys, this lead seems to have gone cold. Any update on the Score OCR? I have my chequebook open ready to go... where can I buy it? Anyone know a release date? Thanks

brians0105
06-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi guys, this lead seems to have gone cold. Any update on the Score OCR? I have my chequebook open ready to go... where can I buy it? Anyone know a release date? Thanks

Hi Harry,
ScoreOCR has been released and is now available. Feel free to give me a call or email (check my signature). Or if you have any questions about how it works and integrates with the TriCaster, just let me know. We would be happy to set you up with one and provide support as you begin to use it.

Brian

jandw
09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I lost sight of this thread, but the idea is awesome, and it appears to have matured into a real world product. I understand it is for sale? Are there reps in Europe?

Just to make sure: bringing it into LiveText to achieve 1/10th of a second accuracy is done how? Writing a text file which is scanned very fast by LiveText, or by using the LiveText Daktronics interface?

Thanks!

brians0105
09-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I lost sight of this thread, but the idea is awesome, and it appears to have matured into a real world product. I understand it is for sale? Are there reps in Europe?

Just to make sure: bringing it into LiveText to achieve 1/10th of a second accuracy is done how? Writing a text file which is scanned very fast by LiveText, or by using the LiveText Daktronics interface?

Thanks!

jandw,

ScoreOCR is definitely a functioning real world product right now and it is definitely for sale. I do not believe Graphics Outfitters has any reps located in Europe, but Rich checks these forums every now and then.

Feel free to email me at brian [AT] schefftech.com because we have been working with Graphics Outfitters to get this product out there for TriCaster / LiveText2 users. I can help you further if you're interested.

As far as 1/10s of seconds, yes, you will achieve that accuracy within LiveText2. The ScoreOCR program will monitor your clock camera for any changes, even tenths of seconds. It then writes a text (.txt) file that is read instantly by LiveText2.

I hope this helps. And feel free to email me with questions or if you need more info.

Brian

GraphicsOutfit
09-16-2011, 09:15 PM

Thanks!

Yes, no problem on 1/10th of a second Score OCR accuracy into Live Text.

Here is an example on YouTube. No direct scoreboard interface on this video. Just using ScoreOCR to derive the "Data Feed" into Live Text. As you can see, very low latency from detection to render using Tricaster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EnD7EAAPoo

Rich
Graphics Outfitters
http://www.graphicsoutfitters.com

GraphicsOutfit
09-28-2011, 11:28 PM
It was nice meeting you too, Rich. We love using ScoreOCR and can't wait to see what else you have in the works for us to play with ... I mean use on our productions!

Brian

A quick update on a upcoming update to the ScoreOCR suite of products.

The next version of the accompanying ScoreBridge application will include a "scripting engine". This will allow LiveText users to build scripts to trigger events in Live Text based on timing and scoring variables.

For instance, in Basketball, some people only want the shot clock to appear in a graphic sequence when "shot clock" has reached a predefined variable. Like 10 seconds or less, then want it to be covered up when it exceeds 10 seconds automatically.

Likewise when the Shot Clock is turned off at the end of the quarter when Game Clock < Shot Clock will allow the Shot Clock to be hidden in your graphic look without operator intervention.

The scripting engine will use simple Visual Basic, C# IF THEN types of scripts, and will have sample scripts you can modify.

Rich

PIZAZZ
09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
A quick update on a upcoming update to the ScoreOCR suite of products.

The next version of the accompanying ScoreBridge application will include a "scripting engine". This will allow LiveText users to build scripts to trigger events in Live Text based on timing and scoring variables.

For instance, in Basketball, some people only want the shot clock to appear in a graphic sequence when "shot clock" has reached a predefined variable. Like 10 seconds or less, then want it to be covered up when it exceeds 10 seconds automatically.

Likewise when the Shot Clock is turned off at the end of the quarter when Game Clock < Shot Clock will allow the Shot Clock to be hidden in your graphic look without operator intervention.

The scripting engine will use simple Visual Basic, C# IF THEN types of scripts, and will have sample scripts you can modify.

Rich

very cool Rich. Nice work

v4e
09-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I can probably get you a scoreboard interface to most any scoreboard without an expensive OCR solution. The only ones we cannot inferface with are the ones with toggle switches or the ones where someone hangs numbers on a peg.

Email me for details.

mike215611@gmail.com

GraphicsOutfit
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Just wanted to thank all of our customers that purchased and use our Scoreboard OCR program to acquire Data Feeds from non-interfaced scoring systems.

However, we will be showing a new Laptop capable version of ScoreOCR at this years NAB Show in April.

New version requires a Windows 7 laptop with a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port. Currently, we find that only the HP Envy is rigged with a true full speed USB 3.0 port.

System will employ a Blackmagic Shuttle to ingest a Composite Analog camera feed from your camera into our application via USB3.0.

The ScoreOCR Lite for Laptop will provide OCR capability for 8 digits, vs up to 20 digits for our full featured PCIe card based systems, but that is enough to get you Time XX:XX and two digit home and visitor score.

So far ScoreOCR Lite for laptop works great with LiveText on the same laptop, so no need for a separate computer.

For those Newtek users looking for HD-SDI scoring and timing systems, stop by and see our complete line of high quality "bug box" systems which include "pre-canned" bug templates to provide your Tricaster production with that extra punch. (See example below via Dropbox link)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18962385/orbyExampleBU.jpg

Hope to see you all at NAB.

Best Regards,
Rich
Graphics Outfitters

brians0105
03-08-2012, 07:43 AM
If this were Facebook I would LIKE this post! Very exciting, Rich.

brians0105
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
For anyone interested, ScoreOCR will be used all weekend long live on WatchESPN.com and the IHSA-TV Network. Watch any of the Illinois High School state finals to see it in action.

PIZAZZ
03-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Nice work Rich.

Looking forward to getting more information for my clients on this.

GraphicsOutfit
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9fuaV2Z3H8

PIZAZZ
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9fuaV2Z3H8

Sweet! Rich call me

GraphicsOutfit
04-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Anyone attending NAB is welcome to stop by the Graphics Outfitters booth @ (South Lower Hall SL8413) to see our newest Laptop enabled USB3.0 Scoreboard OCR (ScoreOCR) application. We will be showing ScoreOCR integrated into a HP Envy laptop running LiveText2. So ScoreOCR and LiveText can run on the same SuperSpeed™ USB3.0 enabled laptop.

With the new USB 3.0 version/laptop comes terrific new pricing. ScoreOCR USB3.0 is now only MSRP $2,499. Stop by the booth and pick up a discount code for an additional $400 off if Pre-Ordered by May 31st. That's only $2,099.

Now a note on what the end user must supply.

ScoreOCR USB 3.0 ONLY runs on a laptop with SuperSpeed™ USB 3.0 ports.

We have only tested and certified ScoreOCR USB3.0 on HP Envy laptops with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports. 15" and 17" models.

ScoreOCR should run fine on nearly any desktop PC with a native USB3.0 port on the motherboard.

Windows 7 Professional 32 or 64 bit.

You will also need to supply a BlackMagic Intesity Shuttle in order to get analog video into the USB 3.0 port.

ScoreOCR USB 3.0 supports 8 "digit" recognition support. So that can provide you Game Clock (x4) and Home Score (x2) Visitor Score (x2), or Game Clock (x4) Shot Clock (x2) if they are on the same scoreboard.

Laimiuz256
09-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Why software definitely needs USB 3.0 ? Because BMD needs ? What's about other capture cards ? 2499USD is for software only ? All the ScoreOCR versions can handle 8 digits only or it's only limited in ScoreOCR Laptop version ?